Mechman Alternators

Voltage dropping to 12.8 at full tilt with 330 amp alt, four kinetik batts, four runs 0 guage , one optima up front.

If you have room under the hood get another alt before batteries imo

Edit: ^ in regards to your electrical question post

Edited by Loslam

1997 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab, 350 Vortec

Things to come at some point...

Build Log: http://www.stevemead...2200ds-133-ohm/

If you have room under the hood get another alt before batteries imo

Edit: ^ in regards to your electrical question post

One thing I wanna do is put two kinetik hc 800s upfront instead of the optima and maybe one more hc 2400 in the back in another two more runs of 0 guage.

That would improve your battery bank, but you can only go so long drawing more than what you can produce.

Also causes more stress on alternator if it's at full output all the time trying to keep up = shorter alt life

1997 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab, 350 Vortec

Things to come at some point...

Build Log: http://www.stevemead...2200ds-133-ohm/

Step up to 14v and you will never drop into 12s unless you want too

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

12.8 full tilt at idle doesn't sound bad to me. Rev it a little if your worried.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

You are exceeding the available power from the alternator at idle. If your vehicle needs 40-80a just to operate at idle you do not have enough power to lean on it at idle.

This is why we don't recommend playing at idle, it will drop the voltage in your battery bank and add stress to the alternator from running at max output at low speeds.

Maintaining 12.8v with your system actually is good considering your vehicle and system will draw more than this alternator can produce at any speed.

You are exceeding the available power from the alternator at idle. If your vehicle needs 40-80a just to operate at idle you do not have enough power to lean on it at idle.

This is why we don't recommend playing at idle, it will drop the voltage in your battery bank and add stress to the alternator from running at max output at low speeds.

Maintaining 12.8v with your system actually is good considering your vehicle and system will draw more than this alternator can produce at any speed.

This.

When i dropped my amps to 1/2 ohm and realized i was only dropping to 12.8v full tilt, i was actually happy. Don't get alarmed till you start dropping to 12.0 (turn it down)