Second Skin Audio

Wat are 45s used for in subs boxes, and are the metal thread rods better for bracing than regular wood

Basson50

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i believe 45's are used in the corners to allow the air to flow better? smoother? for more DB's.

all thread is used cuz its strong and smaller so it takes less displacement i assume

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

45's do not always add db threaded rod is a good strong more expensive support to having wood supports

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

45's are sometimes worthless. They're better for box bracing than directing air imo. There have been tests done to show a loss with some 45s but thats probably due to a loss in airspace.

Yes, threaded steel rod will be stronger than wood bracing if used correctly.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

45's do not always add db threaded rod is a good strong more expensive support to having wood supports

Were can you purchase these rods from, and I no I see most people running them through the top of there box, but wat about the bottom, wat goes on the bottom , meaning the floor??? Reason I'm asking because the box wouldn't sit level with the floor rite.

45's are sometimes worthless. They're better for box bracing than directing air imo. There have been tests done to show a loss with some 45s but thats probably due to a loss in airspace.

Yes, threaded steel rod will be stronger than wood bracing if used correctly.

Were can you purchase these rods from, and I no I see most people running them through the top of there box, but wat about the bottom, wat goes on the bottom , meaning the floor??? Reason I'm asking because the box wouldn't sit level with the floor rite.

home depot lowes any hardware store

Archived