help choosing h/u

i just picked-up a kenwood x596. its a nice unit but it dont work well with my ipod, i have 2600 song on the ipod but the h/u only shows 380 songs when on shuffle. so im looking for a h/u around the same price to exchange it for theres 4 im looking at which will work best with my ipod or should i keep the kenwood

DEH-3400

DEH-5300

CDX-GT565

CDX-GT606

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Why do you thing that the Kenwood is the cause of this problem ???

Mine works fine (well, Kenwood that is ... mine is a DNX9980HD) ...

Are you sure its not a configuration issue with the Ipod ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

it may seem like a h/u problem to start with, but the program you use to put your music on the ipod may determine what is able to play it back. if it is iTunes that you are using, then yeah, the problem might be the unit itself.

Pioneer DEH-9400

Kicker door Speakers

Rockford R400.4

Skar 1500.1

2 DC lvl 2 15s

If you don't plan on going active. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130P9400BH/Pioneer-DEH-P9400BH.html?tp=5684#details-tab

If you plan on going active in the future. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13080PRS/Pioneer-DEH-80PRS.html?tp=5684

Budget i guess might be a primary issue but some times it is better to get the best you can out of a brand if possible.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

http://www.crutchfie...79.html?tp=5684

this is what i use and i like it

This is since Kenwood got a hold of JVC. The specs are nearly identical to an eXcelon unit.

i like the design better than the eXelons. plus for that price its the best specs for that price that i saw. i never noticed the kenwood jvc merger. lol where was i when that happened?

Does anybody even know how to tell if a deck can shuffle 15+gigs worth on music in a single folder on a flash drive?

My kenwood deck suffers the same fate as yours OP, only will shuffle 250 songs/folder. Have to manually change the folders :( Quite annoying when you have 30gigs worth of music...

Edited by volvowith18psi