DC Sound Lab

My original plan is that Im looking to get rid of my two 10' alpines and my one 10' JL because it makes no sense....i want to put a new system in but can not conclude on what would be the best option for my car. As of now the bass level and quality that is being produced from the three 10's is alright but could be better. Also when the volume is turned up it seems clarity from the door speakers just drops and does not sound clean.

My goal: 1) clean up my bass levels and make some space because the 3 subs make there no room in my trunk and i also am not a fan two different brands of subs at once. doesn't sound right. 2) clarify and clean up overall sound quality that i believe is mainly coming from door speakers, want to have cleaner lows and brighter mids-highs.

My car: 2008 Infiniti G35x 4 Door Sedan with factory head unit.

So here are my options that some guys and i have thought of so far....

1) get rid of or keep the 10' JL, keep the two Alpines and look into the rockford 3sixty.3

2) get rid of or keep the 10' JL, Keep the two Alpines and look to buy aftermarket 6.5 door speakers. (was looking at these just as a possibility... http://www.wooferset...components.aspx )

3) Get rid of all three subs and get rid of the 2 amps and either:

a- Get two DC lvl3 12's with DC 2.0K

b- Get two DC lvl3 12's with DC 3.5K

-What are your guys thoughts to this? i am honestly open to any options and ideas that you think would work best in my car. these were just some options some guys and i were thinking about for only an hour so let me know what you think. thanks

-if theres anything else that you think i should add/drop let me know

Edited by Rock2593

The reason your speakers sound bad is because you have stock speakers and stock radio.

What I would do first:

-Upgrade your radio to a 3 4v PreOut radio. You'll enjoy that.

-Upgrade your factory speakers to some decent ones. I would go components up front and just some 2-ways in the back.

-Keep the 2 10" Alpines and sell the 10" JL. Build a proper ported box for those 10's. It will sound much better than it does now.

---> If you don't want to keep the 10's I would go 2 12's or 1 15" with a new amp to match the RMS of the sub(s).

But hey, that's just me :P

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

Awesome thanks for the input guys,

any suggestions on a good head unit that would look dope and work well with my car? i know Hilfonics said -Upgrade your radio to a 3 4v PreOut radio. What are some good options?

also how bout some decent door speakers? I agree with the components up front and 2 ways in the back but idk what type i should get. any thoughts?

If i have time today I'm ripping out that JL for sure!

Umm did you take ANY of the advice you got from chat last night....

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

hahaha smoke i thought everything in my original post were most of the things we had talked about. Katt and i ended up talking about it for a while so i may have mixed some ideas lol u might need to remind me again because i thought i would be able to view the whole chat from last night but apparently it likes to restart itself after a while...what i do remember is that i was liking your ideas!

Edited by Rock2593

You can easily build the box yourself. Use torres box calculator to design it (or you can pay someone on the forum to do it) it'll generate a cutsheet. Then go to homedepot or lowes or your local lumber yard and have them cut your wood for you (if you don't have a saw) and then just glue/screw it all together.

You can't go wrong with Pioneer head units IMO. I have had good luck with them. Kenwoods are nice too. It all depends on the features you want.

For speakers, just go with something that fits your budget. You may want some components up front. I know that DD (digital designs) has a great component set that's really resonable on the wallet.

Best of luck!

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)