BIG 3.....

Yea, I did it.. If you have the ring terminals and the extra wire, it's easy.. On mine.. I wasn't trying to "hide" the wire and with the way my engine was setup I just ran it really really easy.. didn't use but maybe 7 feet. I have 0 gauge terminals and 4 gauge terminals if you need to buy a few. They are crimp/solder kind. My friend used them to solder and they are nice like that.

It's most def. worth it I believe, makes just everything on my car to seem to 'act' better.. brighter lights, etc. I gained .6 volts also I believe. My alt is getting weak, but that's another story  ::)8)

• 1 month later...

why would bigger wire make it work harder?

bigger wire lowers the resistance so if anything the alt should work easier

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

TruckStuff001.jpg

TruckStuff002.jpg

TruckStuff003.jpg

Has done wonders for me. 300 Amp Iraggi Alt. Kicker 1/0 For Big 3, Fused The Alt + to Batt + with a Kicker 300 Amp ANL Fuse. Stinger Dual 1/0 Battery Terminal. I Couldn't be more satisified. It's real easy though with my truck since it's a GMC. 1/0 Ring Terminals are a bytch unless you Solder them....which I had to end up doing. I didn't feel safe w/out it.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg