got my box in !!!!!!!!!!

Same box and tuned, going to seal the inside better though. took me about 7 days to get.

what do you mean by seal the inside better???

Car

1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6

Deck

Kenwood DDX-512 Head Unit

Doors

(2) Diamond Audio DA6.6 6.5's

(2) Cerwin Vega 3" Horn Tweeters

(1) Alpine MRP-F240 for Doors & Tweets

Rear Deck(on factory wiring)

(2) JVC 6.5's

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6x9's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

(1) MBQuart ONX1500.1D for Subs

Wiring

Cadence 4AWG for MBQuart Amp

Advance Auto 8 AWG for Alpine Amp

Cadence and Monster 4 AWG Wire to Kinetic HC1200

Batteries

Stock Replacement up front

Kinetic HC1200 in the back for the amps.

And yes "I drive a Dodge Stratus"

Here is my build log:

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Did they even caulk that thing at all?

I mean this. Its not sealed at all in the inside, if it is. I cannot tell at all. The box itself is solid, just no caulk and I can tell it will leak air easily. However, with that being said what do you expect from great prices and fast shipping? Box is well designed imo for a simple 12 box. Carpet is fine as well. Just no Caulk which over time will cause leaks

I mean this. Its not sealed at all in the inside, if it is. I cannot tell at all. The box itself is solid, just no caulk and I can tell it will leak air easily. However, with that being said what do you expect from great prices and fast shipping? Box is well designed imo for a simple 12 box. Carpet is fine as well. Just no Caulk which over time will cause leaks

The boxes are all glued together before we use brad nails on them to assemble. Not only is this done, but we also use a light layer of bondo on the outside before carpeting. Enjoy your box :)

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg

The boxes are all glued together before we use brad nails on them to assemble. Not only is this done, but we also use a light layer of bondo on the outside before carpeting. Enjoy your box :)

Well theres that :P and I will enjoy it to the fullest!

You don't need to caulk it, i'm pretty sure wood glue was used and if there aren't are huge jagged joints...the box would be fine.

I can tell you a few things from my box

1) the carpet started peeling off on the front before I even started putting the subs in

2) the left ( wire terminal side ) is to big for the sub, I cant even get 2 screws in correctly because there is not enough wood left to "grip" with a screw

I put the sub on the box and used "white out" ( what you use to cover pen marks when writting ) to mark where the holes would go, so I could drill/start the screws and its slightly to big on that side. Im going to try to get lucky and shot one at an angle to make it work tonight. Seeing how I had to install my kenitek batteries and cut this Knu Koncept insulated wire which took me forever. I was to exhausted to play with something else that did not work "perfectly".

Edited by Casey Carpenter

Why do I have a feeling this is going to turn into a flame thread.....

Box looks stable as a brick...carpet job looked like it was rushed.

Edited by carshateme

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Why do I have a feeling this is going to turn into a flame thread.....

Box looks stable as a brick...carpet job looked like it was rushed.

I agree with this. Carpet could have been done much cleaner. If it was me I would recarpet it because it looks very uneven.

No hate though, still a fantastic price for what you're getting :)

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw