got my box in !!!!!!!!!!

I agree with this. Carpet could have been done much cleaner. If it was me I would recarpet it because it looks very uneven.

No hate though, still a fantastic price for what you're getting :)

famous saying goes, "get what you pay for"

Edited by carshateme

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

I agree with this. Carpet could have been done much cleaner. If it was me I would recarpet it because it looks very uneven.

True, however carpet glue is cheap, they could easily get something better then whatever generic shit they use. Its pretty cheap if it cant hold carpet. Better off user super glue then this stuff.....

Also, a hole cut to big is NOT acceptable, makes the box not useable. Hopefully I can rig it by firing a screw in at an angle, which should not have to be done.

As far as the cheap carpet job / uneven who cares. I'd rather it just be sanded and painted personally, but if you're going to carpet at least glue it correctly, so its not peeling off within 48 hours........

Im happy with the price, the biggest concern is the hole being to big to fit the screw in. If I cant make this work its unacceptable and a useless box. Rest is just minor flaws.

Edited by Casey Carpenter

True, however carpet glue is cheap, they could easily get something better then whatever generic shit they use. Its pretty cheap if it cant hold carpet. Better off user super glue then this stuff.....

Also, a hole cut to big is NOT acceptable, makes the box not useable. Hopefully I can rig it by firing a screw in at an angle, which should not have to be done.

As far as the cheap carpet job / uneven who cares. I'd rather it just be sanded and painted personally, but if you're going to carpet at least glue it correctly, so its not peeling off within 48 hours........

Im happy with the price, the biggest concern is the hole being to big to fit the screw in. If I cant make this work its unacceptable and a useless box. Rest is just minor flaws.

In all honesty, I would call skar and ask them to make things right.. You shouldn't have to work around their mistakes. The box should work as intended or it shouldnt be sent at all.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

something else you could try if you can find somebody with a spare piece of mdf is putting another face over the old one and recutting the holes...dont know if you can but itd work

edit: and i agree with the post above mine about making them make it right...but if you fix it worse case scenario is recarpet it and then maybe sell it locally

Edited by pa-pa-platypus

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

I apologize as I'm new to making boxes but should there be a gap on both sides in picture 5? Shouldn't one be sealed off? As for the carpet no take a razor around it take off some of the extra

Edited by TheNewbie

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

i got the same design box you did from kevin over there and there was nothin wrong with the box just shoot him an email and he will take care of you i have talked to him on nuerous occasions and he has taken care of me i think he has great customer service

2006 impala ls

2 skar vvx12 d4s

custom box 32hz

hifonics brutus brz1200.1

kenwood excelon

knuconceptz wires

optima red tops

SKAR_468x60.jpg

i got the same design box you did from kevin over there and there was nothin wrong with the box just shoot him an email and he will take care of you i have talked to him on nuerous occasions and he has taken care of me i think he has great customer service

CS or not, that port is SHIT.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread