Remote turn-on wire

i did it with a boss amp, not my sk-1500. just to see what would happen, nothing did.. so in case i forget to turn it off (which i never have in the whole 2 years ive had it there) nothing bad will happen anyways, just an oh, left it on.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

i did it with a boss amp, not my sk-1500. just to see what would happen, nothing did.. so in case i forget to turn it off (which i never have in the whole 2 years ive had it there) nothing bad will happen anyways, just an oh, left it on.

I don't think testing that with a Boss amp makes for a valid argument here. All I'm saying is if it works for you, do your thang but please understand this there is nothing good about your amps receiving power even when the car is not in use. Too many issues can arise and a one night test on a shitty amp on a lucky night is not a good way to test the theory.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

i dont leave the switch on anyways as previously stated, however, i do understand that no one reads anyones posts.

i honestly dont see how its a big deal, and that my setup is "ghetto rigged" because i wont use the remote turn on..

thats some of the stupidest shit ive heard to tell the truth.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

i dont leave the switch on anyways as previously stated, however, i do understand that no one reads anyones posts.

i honestly dont see how its a big deal, and that my setup is "ghetto rigged" because i wont use the remote turn on..

No, I don't think it's ghetto at all. Whatever works for you do it and I understand you said you don't ever leave it on, I read and comprehend there would be no point in responding if I didn't. I was more so saying the rare chances that it may happen in haste could be bad.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

people still actually use the remote turn on from the HU?

ive never hooked it up tbh.

lmao, you talk about the remote turn on like its an old obsolete feature when you are the one doing it the old obsolete way (thats a big reason your getting flamed). why is the fuck would you go through all that when your HU can just do everything automatically? I'm sorry, but thats pretty dumb bro. is this wire, that you run to your switch, a lamp cord?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

the remote turn on was added for convienence so you don't have to run a relay/switch. It eliminates cost in buying those parts and has the ability to turn on 2-3 amps with a simple 20g wire ran with the power wire.

Honestly, to tell the truth, facepalm

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

people still actually use the remote turn on from the HU?

ive never hooked it up tbh.

lmao, you talk about the remote turn on like its an old obsolete feature when you are the one doing it the old obsolete way. why is the fuck would you go through all that when your HU can just do everything automatically? I'm sorry, but thats pretty dumb bro. is this wire, that you run to your switch, a lamp cord?

you realize the amp turn on is like .9 amps or something like that? lamp cord wire is actually thicker than what i use. (unless your talking about the little rolly switch, in which case ok, good joke)

when people are running relays and other stuff to boost the output, kinda seems like a pointless feature really.

and no, its a switch, you know, on feature, off feature. kinda looks like a little toggle switch. i know you dont know what a switch is, but im doing my best to explain it.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

lol wow this is a big deal that i dont use the remote turn on.

i honestly never thought it was. toggle switches are like 3 bucks, hardly going to destroy my wallet.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

haha this thread is full of win and idiocy

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Archived