Audiopipe APK 5500 guts

theChief

My friend have clamped the amp in the car now with speakerload, 2 x15" burped at 50hz result 5440wrms @ 1,3 ohm and 14V charging system. Did not metered the vdrop though.

An earlier pic from the temporary install a couple of days before:

DSC_0596.jpg

BMW E39 540i/6 Touring Bassrace competition car with Impact and DC Audio.

dcidea3.jpg

why are your jumpers so long? where they even measured?

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

why are your jumpers so long? where they even measured?

It's not mine install i got DC audio in a BMW.

He took the cables he had laying in the garage from a previous build. Not good lookin but it looks different now will take som new pics when i meet him later this week :)

BMW E39 540i/6 Touring Bassrace competition car with Impact and DC Audio.

dcidea3.jpg

Well just as an update the sound quality of the APK is much clearer than the AQX i had previously. It is hooked up and playing on 2 fifteens temporarily while i work on finishing everything. Once the build is done, soon i hope, i will do a series of burp tests. But so far with the gains set at a reasonable level the amp is clean as can be. I would compare it to a DC 5k that I've heard.

No sir, I have the guts to a dc 5k as my profile picture. No comparison lol

dc5k_zps3e7e3edf.jpg

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds

8-XS Power D3100

3-Iraggi 300 amp Alternators

Subwoofers

4-SQ Hdc3 15" Subwoofers

(Soon to be 4 15" Ct Sounds EXO)

• 5 years later...

I’ve been running a AP3000.1 for a year now and I abused it till I got a U.S Alt 390 amp and a XS Power d7500 up front recently added a XS 3400 batt as a secondary batt. Big 3 done long ago dual inputs for the amp. But I hear AP amps like 16v I sit at 15.3 and dip down to maybe 13.9. I got custom made 15’s- 1st gen hcca’s with FI audio SP4 baskets 5 layer spider packs 2x3 flat leads per 4 inch coils-dual 2 ohms. Thick pulpy paper cones and pure sound huge double roll surrounds 3k rms per sub. So I’m running then at half power but in sealed boxes they do just ok-I’m bass crazy but try to take care of my equipment. Unlike most here I like the convo I’ve been wondering about my HU I run my iPhone Thur the headphone jack and my head unit give me sub level -10/+10 and aux 0 to +18. So I got a lot of help. BUT!! My issue now is what I read earlier in the thread. AP amps used to go by rms ratings like my ap3000.1 is 3000 rms @ 2 ohms and 6000 watts peak. Now I’m seeing AP amps only listing Peak And I saw the AP 3500 rated at 3500 rms and 3700 watts peak. What’s going on is the AP3000 with a peak rating of 6000 watts the biggest amp they’ve ever made and are going to make. Or are we forced to by 2 AP amps to strap them. I have a APMI 2000 thinking about a second one... I know a lot of folks hate on AP amps idk why aren’t we all audio people hear I would only hate on SSL BOSS AND maybe Rockville cause they lie and over rate there amps ( thanks big D wizz!). Anyway. 

Archived