Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zero6391

t1500-1bdcp infrasonic filter question

12 posts in this topic

Okay i have a rockford fosgate t2d415 hooked up to a t1500-1 at 2 puma and want to tune the box to around 29 Hz should i still use the infrasonic on the amplifier or no? And is it okay to build the ported box bigger than suggested in the manual?( manual says 4 cu. Ft but I want to go 5 cu. Ft if it will give me more air movement. My goal is to do a hairtrick with one t2)

Well you should wire at 2ohm and not 2 pumas, that could get dangerous.

Can i ask WTF is "2 puma"

We have a new amp impedance rating???

** FYI Pumas are Gnarly ass animals and will F**K you up if provoked**

Where do you buy these pumas you speak of my good sir? I want some for my setup!

Lol sorry I meant to say 2 ohms but for some reason my phone autocorrects the word ohms into puma

No, RF Power amps are preset to 28Hz SSF. If your tuning to 29Hz you will completely defeat the purpose of tuning that low. ALso general rule is to set a subsonic filter either 3-5Hz below tuning, so I would say try to tune to 31-32Hz with those subs if you would like to use the SSF

Alright then thanks for the help on the filter but is it okay to make a big box and will it give me any advantages

Okay what are the advantages of a bigger box?

Bigger box - less power.

Smaller box - more power.

Cant exactly remember why, but that's one thing to remember.

Bigger boxes are usually used when you are putting under RMS to the subwoofers and/or tuning low. The bigger airspace allows the subs to handle the lower power with better efficiency and handle the lows better also.

1 person likes this

i have the same sub but it is 2 ohms and running the 1000.1 bdcp, what tuning did you decide on building on