Second Skin Audio

MA Audio HK15x2 parametric specs?

I just got this beast in the mail, and I was kind of disappointed when I realized it did not come with a manual or any spec sheets. I'm building a ported box to fit in my 01 Eclipse and need the parameters to design the box on WinISD. I've found varying numbers online and looked everywhere for something legit, and MA isnt returning any emails. It could just be because of the holiday but I'm anxious to start on this build! Any help, suggestions, or tips on this box would be great. Thanks

'01 Eclipse GT

Obsidian Audio 12's

Hifonics BRZ1700.1d

XS D3400

'Big 3'

My car hates me.

just build a fairly large ported box.. all of the specs are pretty much junk.

What did you pay for that 15 and does it have the same motor as the HK18x1's? I'm trying to find a 4th motor to match my other 3 18's that I already have.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

People are going to give you no love on MA audio. Search the forum on ported box on 15's. There was a guy that had 4 in a wall in a truck on here doin 50's. Just search and you will find what your looking for. Telling you most guy want give you no love on MA. There are some very helpful people that will help also. Maybe one of those guys will chime in for you.

I got it for $220 from sonic. I'm not sure if the motors are the same, I honestly didn't even know they made a HK18.

Everything I've found online so far says that I'm going to need a 5 cu ft box, but that seems pretty big. Would I be alright with a 4 - 4.5 cu ft box tuned to around 34 hz? I'm going to start digging around a little and see if I can't find any good info. I know its there, I just gotta find it. haha link me uppp.

'01 Eclipse GT

Obsidian Audio 12's

Hifonics BRZ1700.1d

XS D3400

'Big 3'

My car hates me.

depends what you have for power. They love big boxes and eat up power.

You might want to add a spider hold-down as they can reach maximum excursion levels and lift a spider ring.. at least my HK18's managed to lol :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.