Sonic Electronix

QUICK QUESTIONS I PRAY SOMEONE KNOWS... I JUST BOUGHT A PAIR OF BRAND NEW CVX 15'S AND I HEARD ABOUT THE BREAKING IN PERIOD, MY QUESTION IS... IS IT REALLY NECESSARY TO WAIT??? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE IF YOU WAIT??? AND IF I HAVE TO OR SHOULD WAIT HOW LONG SHOULD IT BE BEFORE I CAN FEED THEM WHAT THEY'RE BEGGING ME FOR??? LAST BUT NOT LEAST WHAT IS A PERFECT TUNING FREQUENCY TO GET THE MOST OUT OF MY CVX 15'S??? THE SETUP IS A BRUITS 2400.1 SUPER CLASS D AMP WITH A SUPER BASS PROBOX HAVING 3.25 CUBIC FT PER CHAMBER IN A 2001 VW JETTA WAGON.

Are you yelling? Please chill on the CAPs. Break in really is not needed if you want to you can take it easy a couple of days. Are you building a encloser?

I saw you mention probox which is Pre fab so it probably is tuned a little high so you might not get all the lows.

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg

Are you yelling? Please chill on the CAPs. Break in really is not needed if you want to you can take it easy a couple of days. Are you building a encloser?

I saw you mention probox which is Pre fab so it probably is tuned a little high so you might not get all the lows.

Naw i'm not yelling i'm just used to having the caps off, and i put it big and caps cuz usually every time i post something i never get a response. No i'm not building a box i'm sticking to this one it seems virtually indestructible, looks nice and i paid over $300 for it so its not going anywhere unless i get tired of 15s and get 18s. So your saying no need to break them in??? Are you sure i don't want to blow them i work at a audio shop i can go through the warantee but rather not go without my subs. but you don't think the super bass probox is good for those???

Ditch the prefab, you can make a box for less than 100 that will sound 50x's better. Cvx's will eat up 1000rms in the right enclosure, I would break them in for a few days, then let a rip, but if you clip them to shit and they fail thermally that's on you.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

And you work at an audio shop and are asking us these questions?!?

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Ditch the prefab, you can make a box for less than 100 that will sound 50x's better. Cvx's will eat up 1000rms in the right enclosure, I would break them in for a few days, then let a rip, but if you clip them to shit and they fail thermally that's on you.

What do you mean when you say clip to shit meaning the amp giving the subs to much power of not enough to do what i'm looking for or messing around with the bass boost. I asked kinda new to it i haven't had a bass amp clip on me in some years but i knew it couldn't power the subs so i wasn't surprised.

^ Reinforcing what Chevy said. That pro box will do, but if you want to get louder and sound better build one. Like I said about break in a couple of days at half tilt or so and you should be good.

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg