Quiet hours are from when to when?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Home owners association. I own a house in a development and the HOA pretty much is supposed to maintain uniformity through out the community. For example: landscaping, whether or not you can hang a dish on your house and a million or different rules they can throw in. My problem is I was running a little circular saw in my garage around 7pm and apparently there is "quiet" time after 7pm. It was 10pm, but that was amended... That's a whole mess I won't go into. Get the idea?

Well there's a portion of the issue. You're running a circular saw at 7pm. But I wouldnt have complained to HOA, I would have taken the issue up with you, if it even bothered me that badly. Sounds like your neighbors are the type of people that'll stay at a hotel if they ever have work done near their house.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

I am in an HOA as well and it can be be a bish sometimes but the sound proofing idea might be your best bet. My neighbors are so close I can understand hearing a power tool late at night can be annoying so I usually do all my work before the sun goes down. You need to make sure you know your rights though because some people have nothing better to do but nick pick at every little thing. I had a neighbor once report my dog because he "looks" like a pitbull. You can't choose the people you live near but you can damn sure make life easier. I made friends, am very polite and I tend to try not to be the annoying neighbor as much as possible.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I can't even count the number of times I have used power tools past 7pm at night. I try not to use them that late so I don't piss people off but sometimes you just need to so I close the garage up and do it fast. But then again I don't live in a fancy community and my neighbors aren't douchbags.

If you don't use power tools during quiet hours can they do anything? Technically you aren't breaking any rules then.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Wow this thread blew up in the last hour.

my buddie got a storage unit so he could work on his car.its like his little garage lol..we have hooked systems up there,tuned them,built a few boxes there also.look into it

What did you guys do for power?

Quiet hours are from when to when?

The original CC&R's we signed when we purchased the house stated 10pm to 8am. At the last annual meeting (Nov '11) there was a request to move it to 7pm to 8am and it passed. I was out of town for this meeting, however my wife was there and did not tell me it had changed.

Home owners association. I own a house in a development and the HOA pretty much is supposed to maintain uniformity through out the community. For example: landscaping, whether or not you can hang a dish on your house and a million or different rules they can throw in. My problem is I was running a little circular saw in my garage around 7pm and apparently there is "quiet" time after 7pm. It was 10pm, but that was amended... That's a whole mess I won't go into. Get the idea?

Well there's a portion of the issue. You're running a circular saw at 7pm. But I wouldnt have complained to HOA, I would have taken the issue up with you, if it even bothered me that badly. Sounds like your neighbors are the type of people that'll stay at a hotel if they ever have work done near their house.

Ya I'll take responsibility for that. There is an older gentlemen that lives 2 doors down, that polices the neighborhood like crazy. He is the one who filed the complaint. I'll be polite, and just say he makes my life interesting from time to time.

I am in an HOA as well and it can be be a bish sometimes but the sound proofing idea might be your best bet. My neighbors are so close I can understand hearing a power tool late at night can be annoying so I usually do all my work before the sun goes down. You need to make sure you know your rights though because some people have nothing better to do but nick pick at every little thing. I had a neighbor once report my dog because he "looks" like a pitbull. You can't choose the people you live near but you can damn sure make life easier. I made friends, am very polite and I tend to try not to be the annoying neighbor as much as possible.

Thanks for the advice, I am polite, and I am in an active negotiation with the HOA and developer trying to work things out, its slow moving, hopefully things work out in time.

LOL, I think this has gone a little off topic with all the HOA stuff. Does anyone else have any ideas of finding a work area? Besides the storage unit idea, I can't think of anything else that doesn't include renting commercial space with long lease periods and 1,000's of dollars.

2002 Honda Civic

(Current)

HU: JVC KD-X50BT (Replaced Pioneer 6800 that came with it)

All stock w/ 3 working speakers. Ya!!!

Currently cleaning up someone elses mess

(In the works)

M&H: HAT Imagines

Amp: Orion 8004

Sub: Unsure

Knukonceptz Wiring

SS Deadener (on its way! yay!)

Buddies house? My friends dad is a contractor and has a huge building we can work in. Its all about the connections!

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

I like that idea of sound deadening your garage!!! would be bad ass.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

fire up the saw at 801 play the game.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The original CC&R's we signed when we purchased the house stated 10pm to 8am. At the last annual meeting (Nov '11) there was a request to move it to 7pm to 8am and it passed. I was out of town for this meeting, however my wife was there and did not tell me it had changed.

how are you to get anything done with a quiet time of 7??

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

nighty night time at 7pm thats fucking ridiculous man. During the summer its light out till like 9, 9:30... Shit I'd blow my brains out living in some tight wad ass community like that. I'd move.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO