I was trying to find some help on how to get some extra horsepower for my v6 mustang. I know the problem is I need to get a V8, but I would like to add some more power without paying out the ass for it.

Any ideas please let me know.

Also I would like to make the exhaust system as loud as possible. I will turn it into dual exhaust later if I need to, but I would like to make it as loud as possible.

If anyone can help please let me know. thanks

if you find a way to make a v6 fast for cheap let me know!

but with the exhaust just straight pipe and make it as short as possible and you will be stupid loud.

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

if you find a way to make a v6 fast for cheap let me know!

but with the exhaust just straight pipe and make it as short as possible and you will be stupid loud.

Thanks for the help with exhaust. Honestly I don't know much about how to add horsepower so I didn't know if it was possible to tune it up some and any ways that could give it some horsepower, without spending a ton. Guess its not possible.

I was trying to find some help on how to get some extra horsepower for my v6 mustang. I know the problem is I need to get a V8, but I would like to add some more power without paying out the ass for it.

Any ideas please let me know.

Also I would like to make the exhaust system as loud as possible. I will turn it into dual exhaust later if I need to, but I would like to make it as loud as possible.

If anyone can help please let me know. thanks

Hey bud i got a v6 mustang too. Its an 01 so same style. Honestly, why do you want it insanely loud? I love the sounds of exhaust as much as the other gear heads but you need quality loud sounds. Running straight pipes on the V6's sound like crap. I tried it out before attaching my muffler on it and it was horrid. I got a thrush muffler from o'rileys for like 60 bucks and it sounds wonderful. Funny enough, it was just as loud as the straight pipe but it was a lot cleaner sounding. I would suggest getting some headers (that should help with performance too but remember, if you get long tube headers you will need to tune your car), run a dual exhaust with a H pipe, and 2 magnaflow or thrush mufflers. Thrush ,btw, is an off brand of magnaflow. As for performance, ive heard that tuning the v6's and adding a cold air will help a lot when you pair it with those headers. Just remember, your intake is only as good as your exhaust.

I also upgraded my electrical with a Screamin Demon ignition coil, MSD wires, and some good ole NGK platinum spark plugs and i even felt the difference with that. All for about $120. Not too shabby!

I would recommend looking at Americanmuscle.com. They have all the things you would need for your mustang and for a great price too. Thats where i bought all my stuff from, minus the muffler.

If you got everything tuned, headers, intake, and ignition, you would be happy with the results for sure.

P.S. Take this in mind, its only a rumor/theory, but if you have your exhaust too short and run straight pipes, you could burn up your valves. Cars need some back pressure. From my hours of research i put into that matter, it has all come back as a theory. No real facts about it but would you wanna risk it? Lol.

Hope this helps man. =)

Yeah well I really like the sound of deep aggressive exhaust system, but seems from everyone I talk to that basically don't do it on a V6. They keep telling me its a waste of money and that you won't truly sound good or as loud as I would want.

Americanmuscle.com is where I buy most of my stuff actually lol pretty good prices for most of the stuff.

yeah I definitely need some new headers anyway so I have been looking into that. I don't think I am going to waste to much money on an exhaust system now, but I may look into your upgrade that you put.

I have heard that rumor to but never knew if it was just lies or what.

Thanks for the help though Chaosgrunt!!!

what year is your mustang...and what trans auto or manual? Ive had 9 sangs and used to run my own mustang performance shop i should be able to point you close to the right direction lol

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.