i applauud your cooperation and willingness to learn. although i am fairly new here myself so i do not mean to sound like im a know it all either. but if you don't know for sure just sit back and wait for a post from an experienced member so you can learn. but glad you aren't like the rest of the idiots and other noobs we get on here.

cheers mate!!

bass for all!

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

just saying what ive heard, no need to call me out and say im a noob. yes, i new to some things. but im bringing what i heard here, and if its not true, then its not. i leanred something and maybe somelse whose heard that leanred it absolutly dont matter

thats the thing if you dont know the answer 100% dont try and give answers to others who are looking for propper answer not something i once heard from a buddy who blew out his windshield blah blah blah.... nothing worst then bad information

and i know i may come off as a dick but the blind leading the blind aint always the best route

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

just saying what ive heard, no need to call me out and say im a noob. yes, i new to some things. but im bringing what i heard here, and if its not true, then its not. i leanred something and maybe somelse whose heard that leanred it absolutly dont matter

One might find it best to check their info before spouting off, passing along " what you heard" without knowing better is spreading mis-information. If you dont know, you just don't know. Doesn't help to spread info you don't know to be correct or not... Just makes ya look like a dummy. :twirl:

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

• 2 weeks later...

so the bottom line is what is the best way to ground?

There are multiple threads related to your question. Try to search those for reference.

In summary you want to ground to bare metal(no paint etc) on the frame of the vehicle not to the paneling of the vehicle because this could result in a poor ground. Running multiple grounds is a BAD idea if you planned on grounding to various points of the vehicle. This can create a ground point differential and could cause various issues(alternator whine the worst). If you ground multiple wires to the same frame then that is fine because it has shared potential. This is why people do the "Big 3" because everything essentially will have a common grounding point(the frame).

I hope this helps, but if it doesn't like I said search the forums you'll find much more in depth answers.

It use to be that you wanted your grounds as short as possible...so grounding all amps or batterys to the same point would mean some awfull long ground wires... I ground to frame and use 0g front to back

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

so the bottom line is what is the best way to ground?

There are multiple threads related to your question. Try to search those for reference.

In summary you want to ground to bare metal(no paint etc) on the frame of the vehicle not to the paneling of the vehicle because this could result in a poor ground. Running multiple grounds is a BAD idea if you planned on grounding to various points of the vehicle. This can create a ground point differential and could cause various issues(alternator whine the worst). If you ground multiple wires to the same frame then that is fine because it has shared potential. This is why people do the "Big 3" because everything essentially will have a common grounding point(the frame).

I hope this helps, but if it doesn't like I said search the forums you'll find much more in depth answers.

the reason why i didnt look for grounds is because i just came across this and I just wanted to get the best accurate answer because it would make it difficult for somebody to read and understand if they didnt know. so basically what you are saying is that I could have my grounds in different areas only if they are all on the frame because they are all connected to the frame anyway and share that common ground.

Silly noobs lol

Anyway, I ground all over the truck oh no I must be a noob????

Not even close, lol just take a minute and look over your entire vehicle guess what you see ground everywhere, wait what? These car company must be creating ground loops like crazy huh??? Nope

Best thing to do is test a ground with a volt meter to see if it is a good location. I have my amps grounded in a few difference spots but all grounds are good locations that I choose cuz I checked with a DMM. Shortest ground clean bare metal is best, same spot isn't necessary, if you can well then it is better cuz you have a smaller chance to have a bad ground.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db