Second Skin Audio

Need to build box

I have a pair of power acoustik p3-15w and am using a boss ph5000 watt amp. I am looking to build a ported box that is no bigger than 40"x15"x12" but also have enough room to give these things 4 cubic feet on each side. Can someone plz help me with the dimensions for the box. I would greatly appreciate it.

your dimensions are going to have to change if you want to put 15s in a box thats only 15" tall

15" sub = 16.5" tall box

DSC00992.jpg

and my help to you on box is here- read and read and read some more its not complicated at all

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I have a pair of power acoustik p3-15w and am using a boss ph5000 watt amp. I am looking to build a ported box that is no bigger than 40"x15"x12" but also have enough room to give these things 4 cubic feet on each side. Can someone plz help me with the dimensions for the box. I would greatly appreciate it.

40x15x12 only gives you 3.16 cubic feet of net internal space. You'd be better off with a single 12 lol. Don't know how you'd be having enough room for 4 cubic feet on each side with only 3.16 cubic feet to work with

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

2 15" on 40"x15"x12" that's about 3 cubic feet before displacements..

Sorry I kinda guessed at the space but i just measured it and its in the back of a van and the measure measurements are as followed: from back of door to the back of seat i have 18" max and from wall to wall keeping in mind corner panels i have 48" max and from floor to the middle of the back of seat is 26" can be a couple inches taller if needed. Sorry for wasting yalls time before now i think there is enough info to give me 4 cubic feet on each side. The specs of the (2)p3-15w speaker are here

http://www.poweracou...bwoofers/P3.pdf