DC Sound Lab

New install, sub choice.

So, I sold my Sundown/DC stuff while back. Been running HU on stock speakers since. I'm planning a new system using a Polk Audio 5 channel amp. Looking at single sub. I was looking a getting either a L2 or L3 12 for this. Sub channel onthe amp will be pushing 500 watts. Will it matter much which sub I get for this. I will be running sealed, ~1-1.25ft3 (maybe a little more if I get creative with my box design).

Any input will be helpful on this.

Wrong section sir better luck in general. It's not DC equipt anymore

he is talking about the L2 (level 2) or L3 (level 3), so yes he is talking about DC. For only 500 watts, i would do the level 2, if you had some plans in the future to upgrade the sub amp i would do the level 3, so you would have head room.

but on the 5 channel alone, the level 2.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I couldn't say what the future holds for a install. I change installs quite a bit. Seems I never finish one cause I end up changing stuff.

Playing around on paper, it does seem like I can squeeze out just over 1.75ft3, so I could run ported. The Level2 shows 1.25ft3 for ported. Listening to mainly rap/techno, what should I aim for on tuning the port?

I couldn't say what the future holds for a install. I change installs quite a bit. Seems I never finish one cause I end up changing stuff.

Playing around on paper, it does seem like I can squeeze out just over 1.75ft3, so I could run ported. The Level2 shows 1.25ft3 for ported. Listening to mainly rap/techno, what should I aim for on tuning the port?

My appologies was thinking of kicker for some reason.. It's all preference but I'd say 34 or so helps you play a range if notes

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Oh man. I hit a snag. Starting to lean back to my old habits.. Been really thinking of 2 L3 15's sealed. Running 1 Polk Audi PA D1000.1 to each. Only problem is how to get past the electrical issues. There are no aftermarket alt's for the 2.2L motor in my Malibu. I do have a couple of big ass batteries from the UPS at work (CD Technologies, forgot model # at this time).

Who needs a trunk when you can add a roof rack.. :D

Edited by Nocturnus

Oh man. I hit a snag. Starting to lean back to my old habits.. Been really thinking of 2 L3 15's sealed. Running 1 Polk Audi PA D1000.1 to each. Only problem is how to get past the electrical issues. There are no aftermarket alt's for the 2.2L motor in my Malibu. I do have a couple of big ass batteries from the UPS at work (CD Technologies, forgot model # at this time).

Who needs a trunk when you can add a roof rack.. :D

Have you spoke with anyone to see about making an aftermarket alt for your car?