Mechman Alternators

need help guys wiring up my new mechmans

sometimes people get so dead set on a problem you dont think of other options but fixing the problem with what they have in mind. im the same way.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

So my question is, would i just combine the 3 blue and 3 white wires and run them to the regulator box with a power? that seems to make the most sense to me but where does that harness come into play? any help is appreciated trying to get this thing running at full power!

Yes, that is how you would wire it. After viewing the pictures, I can see that you are running 3 of our SMD 340 amp units, which only come set up for external regulator. The blue and white wires are labeled, just connect all three field wires to the field connection on the regulator, and all three ground wires to the ground connection on the regulator. The POS terminal on the regulator needs a 15 amp fused, 10 gauge, ignition switched wire going to it.

NOTE- It is very important that the POS terminal on the regulator reads batter voltage, or very close to it when the key is in the "ON" position. If there is any voltage drop in the 10 gauge wire, or the ignition switched circuit that you are tapping into, the alternators will charge erratically. DO not mount the regulator in the rear of the vehicle, you want the field and ground wires that run to the alternator to be as short as possible.

The harness with the relay and the three GM plugs is from DC power, and will not be used. That harness would only work if you were using INTERNALLY regulated GM alternators.

Hope that makes sense, it should be very simple to hook up.

Just make sure that it is a clean, 15 amp fused circuit with no voltage drop in it. As long as the ignition switched wire that you are tapping into measures very close to voltage as measured across the battery terminals, it will be fine.

If you are having difficulty finding a clean circuit with no voltage drop, you can always run battery power through a relay to the POS terminal on the regulator, and just trigger the relay with any low-amp ignition switched circuit.