the ultimate answer on solder vs crimp

6 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

Do u think the cheap 12ton crimpers are doing their 12tons of pressure when it crimps? Tho im not even sure thats what the 12ton is refering to, but i assume thats what its claiming, its compression strength. 

Bro,..lol. you are a trip. Fucking...lol. 

8 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

The way to test for a proper cold weld is to cut a cross section of a crimped connection with a water jet. There was a you tube video somewhere about it. I'm not sure that it would take 12 tons to do a proper crimp with the soft lugs that we use. I would bet that only 2 or 3 tons would do it. The biggest thing is to make sure it has dies big enough to do the size lugs you have. Some how I remember that the 12 ton won't go big enough to do the 1/0 audio cable because it is really 2/0. The 18 ton crimper would be needed because it has bigger dies.

Yah the crimp tool i use would have to have dies for 350mcm or 350kcmil. Thats the size lugs im using. For the 4/0 knukoncepts its bigger than 4/0 lugs, so have to use mcm/kcmil specs.

Who fucking cares if it crimps @ 12 tons or 100 tons, as long as the joint is one solid piece in the crimping process.

For the vast majority of us, that is all that is needed, and at that price it is an excellent investment.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

1 hour ago, Skullz said:

Who fucking cares if it crimps @ 12 tons or 100 tons, as long as the joint is one solid piece in the crimping process.

For the vast majority of us, that is all that is needed, and at that price it is an excellent investment.

"Its the princibality" lol. You dont have that same train of thought for amps do u?? If it says its 5k rms amp but only does 2k......is that cool with u? Lol. If its doing less compression, just adveritse it that way. But then again, i was just asking. I dont think anyone has tested any cheap crimpers compression strength. So they may very well do there 12t of compression, then id really wonder whys it cheap. Dont let my "seek for answers" bother u man, i like to learn things. Specially random things i wonder about lol. 

4 hours ago, Skullz said:

Hydraulics are not the same as amps, so do not compare apples to oranges.

EDIT: You want to learn things?

GET THE FUCK OFF THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to school and learn.

Lol ur funny. U remind me of teachers that would get mad when u ask a question they have no fuckin clue how to answer. So instead of just saying they dont know; they like to put the person asking the question on blast. You dont got the answer DONT FUCKIN RESPOND. Simple as that. 

Archived