How To: ELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/Fit

Yo! I just finished up my ELD mod. It's a PITA to do especially if you have a front strut bar like I do lol it was hard to get to those small wires but I got it.

I don't have enough draw at idle to see the change (turned on AC, rear defrost, and headlights).....my Singer kept it up in the 14's. but I did notice when I flipped the switch, I got some sound coming from the alt for a second, so I assume its working.

When I connect my amp and am pulling some amperage I will check it again. Good DIY project....and an even better one if u got small hands lol

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took off my ELD bypass... and cut my alternator control (ATLC) wire so sumbish will stay on forever lol. Took out my dead Singer alt and put in my stock alt charging 14.4 - 14.5v ALL DAY with or without load deteched. Now I don't know what the out come will be, so still waiting for stocky to speak out lol... My voltage drop sucks ballz though. I'm down to 12.4v almost instantly going full tilt with just 3k @ half ohm. It's time for new alt!

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

I know there is a few accord owners. I seen on 6thgenaccord the v6 guys thow a honda oddysey alt on the accords but they say it wont work for the 4cyl. I stopped by advance today and compared the two. Im pretty sure it will bolt right up. Im going to try it tomorrow. I cant seem to save up the 429 for a H.O. so this will have to do for now. They say theres a chevy alt that does 160 amps that will fit also but I cant figure out what it is.

It would throw a CEL or the battery light would come on. I've read about people just cutting the wires and dealing with the CEL, with no ill affects. But you can simply unplug it and see what happens. I did the bypass instead of cutting or unplugging it just because I like to keep as many warning lights off as possible lol

I had an 03 Civic si and when you unplug the ELD it will infact throw a CEL. I ran the car for 155k before I sold it and 75K of that was without an ELD, I never had a single issue with the alt or charging system. I just had to deal with the CEL, but I didn't run any o2 sensors either.. So no big deal.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

• 3 weeks later...

Anything for a '91 civic dx? My fuse box looks so different from all of yours. I know I have some type of something because if I am driving during the day with no lights and/or air, I will be running at around 12.7-12.9v. Then when I turn something on, It goes up to 14.2.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody? I've been searching but can't find anything.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 3 weeks later...

I would think Adam would be the guy to ask on this, and I'm not sure what he's up to now, but I'm guessing it would still work the same for yours as long as you can find the ELD. You kind of just have to figure out what wire goes to what, and adjust to your colors etc from the instructions. But that's just a guess on my part. Sorry.

This is supposedly a diagram from a 91 civic. I'll do some further checking for you for verification.

http://honda-tech.com/showpost.php?p=42064477&postcount=4

In looking at the original post from here, and that diagram, it looks like the colors are the same. Maybe in different order though.

Does it look like this?

http://www.d-series.org/forums/2598654-post2.html

If so they confirm the colors are this:

http://www.d-series.org/forums/2598664-post6.html

That's all I could find on a quick search. Hope that helps.

Archived