How To: ELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/Fit

That does look quite familiar, when I get the chance I will check to make sure, thanks a lot bro.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 1 month later...

I had an 08 civic and just unplugged my eld when I installed a h/o alt. Worked great and didn't even throw a cel. That car was recently totaled and we just got a 2013 LX, any idea if the eld is different in some way(location, how it's unplugged) than what has been posted in this thread?

• 1 month later...

Asked Honda if the 9th gen Canadian models come without an ELD like previous gen Civics and this was their reply "Since 2010, we’ve been shifting to a Battery Management System (BMS) which uses a sensor at the -ve battery terminal to monitor actual battery condition. The 9th-gen Civic uses BMS+a multi-stage ACG to optimize charging efficiency/fuel economy."

Not sure if that means anything without being able to look at the schematics. I do know the plug for the alt is different because DC Power has stopped shipping h/o alts for 9th gen because they were not aware the plugs were different.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1999 hands civic and between the 2 main fuse there is a plate but no eld where will it be alt not chargind alt new batt new all new grounds even the dealer can find the trouble speedo acting in park goes up to 60 kms d4 flash transmissible hard shifting also replace it twice ecm replace 3 times help anyware

• 4 weeks later...

I still haven't found any info on it ANYWHERE, and my laptop took a shit in me with all my data on it, so I've been browsing from mobile looking for stuff. I'm still keeping an eye out for it though man!

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I appreciate it, man, I haven't found out much either. I think I'll just upgrade the battery and get my components in on a modest amp for now. Hopefully something is discovered soon I really want to get my subs going. DC power said they just got the new plugs and a core so they should be working on a new alt, but it won't do much good if we can't bypass the charging limitations.

Archived