How To: ELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/Fit

Found a little more out from a poster on another car audio forum: There is a black box on the negative battery terminal called a micro shunt. It can handle up to about 1200 amps peak current and 300 amps constant. Here is a spec sheet on one: http://delphi.com/shared/pdf/ppd/sensors/et_ivt.pdf Seems there could be two ways to hack this. 1) measure the voltage going out on the sensor wires when A/C and/or lights are turned on. Then use a resistor to sum in some voltage to emulate and tie it to a switch. You would have to do some wire tracing and measuring with a DMM.

2) Find out how much load current must be pulled from the negative terminal to trigger the alt to full volts, then ground some of your system components (maybe front channel amps) to the lug on the ground sensor so the current is detected and will kick in the alt.

Just a couple of ideas.

Found a little more out from a poster on another car audio forum: There is a black box on the negative battery terminal called a micro shunt. It can handle up to about 1200 amps peak current and 300 amps constant. Here is a spec sheet on one: http://delphi.com/shared/pdf/ppd/sensors/et_ivt.pdf Seems there could be two ways to hack this. 1) measure the voltage going out on the sensor wires when A/C and/or lights are turned on. Then use a resistor to sum in some voltage to emulate and tie it to a switch. You would have to do some wire tracing and measuring with a DMM.

2) Find out how much load current must be pulled from the negative terminal to trigger the alt to full volts, then ground some of your system components (maybe front channel amps) to the lug on the ground sensor so the current is detected and will kick in the alt.

Just a couple of ideas.

From the datasheet it looks like the sensor outputs Local Interconnect Network (LIN) or Controller Area Network (CAN) digital signal back to the main control module. This may not be as easy to hack as the last gen ELD. The sensor on my 2012 CR-V is completely sealed. I'm going to do some o-scope probing on the output this weekend. It looks like these are used on all the new generation Honda's, so we need some good data on it.

I just think the big factor is, the people with the newest generations still have some kind of warranty on their cars and haven't wanted to void the warranty by adding aftermarket alts and whatnot. And they probably have no idea what the eld does, nor do they care or even know about it. But, eventually, the info will pop up. Just takes patience!

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

hi, I was wondering if you could give me directions on how to do it on my accord?

I am one of those who need exact directions and any diagrams/pictures. so please bear with me.

car: 2001 accord v6 ex.

I want to do the mod WITHOUT the relay or switch. i don't mind having the alternator on H.O. all the time. the mpg doesn't bother me.

so im not sure how to do it from that. i assume its a lot more simplier because im not using the switch method.

thanks for any help or pictures that will guide me.

http://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/honda-electrical-load-detection-eld-bypass-32726/

I just replied to your pm. This is the exact guide that I used, and this one is specifically designed off of a 2001 accord.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

thank you for the reply!!!

i am actually seeing if i can leave out the relay part of this mod?

is it possible to just do it with out the extra relay and switch?

im not hooking it up to the stereo or a remote. i don't mind having it on all the time.

I just noticed that your diagram is easier to understand, and for me that's a plus, than the original one from keep alive.

I was thinking about it after staring at the picture. why cant I cut the pcm wire and then directly connect that to the resistor. and take the resistor and tap onto the ground?

wouldn't that work?

• 3 months later...

Archived