How To: ELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/Fit

Do you have a voltmeter/volt gauge in the car so you can monitor voltage? The only time that you would hear the engine "rev" higher when flicking the switch, is when the voltage drops to the 13's, then flip the switch and it'll speed up the alt.

The ac doesn't really have anything to do with it. This bypass only involves the alternator, the voltage regulator/ecm, and the eld.

The ground that you mentioned doesn't have to be grounded at the head unit, it is just suggested because it's a known good ground. I ended up running mine under the dash and grounding it to one of the dash supports under there.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I was checking voltage with a volt meter. Ill just double check all connections before I do anything else.

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

Gotcha. What year and model car? And definitely double check all the connections and especially make sure the leads from the relay are going to the correct locations.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

2000 civic dx hatchback. And I used the relay socket

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

Guest DC Power Kyle

Running it on "H/O Mode" won't shorten the life of the alternator. The ELD circuit drops the voltage simply for gas mileage among other things. But you're not working your alternator at 100% load when the voltage increases.. it's just changing the voltage set point, not the output current.

Basically, think of it as this: Hey, I don't need high voltage at the moment, so lets settle down to 13.2 and maintain there. If you have a 180 amp alternator and ELD was setting the setpoint at 13.2 lets say, it would do 180 amps at 13.2 volts if you were demanding that much current from your amplifiers or other accessories. You're simply adding more voltage, not amperage.

Running it on "H/O Mode" won't shorten the life of the alternator. The ELD circuit drops the voltage simply for gas mileage among other things. But you're not working your alternator at 100% load when the voltage increases.. it's just changing the voltage set point, not the output current.

Basically, think of it as this: Hey, I don't need high voltage at the moment, so lets settle down to 13.2 and maintain there. If you have a 180 amp alternator and ELD was setting the setpoint at 13.2 lets say, it would do 180 amps at 13.2 volts if you were demanding that much current from your amplifiers or other accessories. You're simply adding more voltage, not amperage.

Thanks for chiming in Kyle!

And youngsticky, that's what I used to do as well, it just got annoying having to flick on an accessory to get the voltage back up every few minutes.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Thanks for chiming in Kyle!

And youngsticky, that's what I used to do as well, it just got annoying having to flick on an accessory to get the voltage back up every few minutes.

Ya I hear you on that.. The bybass thing does sound good, that way you don't have to worry about the voltage going down when you don't want it to..

No. It lets you have steady voltage with the car running.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived