How To: ELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/Fit

Yes you can pick the relay up at a Radio Shack or any auto parts store that carries the "Bosch Type" relays. At the moment, I don't know the voltage or the ohm readings on the wires, but I'll try to find them for you! In the mean time, or if your impatient lol, cut back the wire loom on the main harness that it goes into and trace those wires and identify them.

Thanks man! I did a real nice job twisting up the three wires and wrapping them in electrical tape so tracing em is pretty much only possible if i just rip everything out lol.

edit--marquez, My civic seemed to go out of the ho mode or whatever when i was stopped in traffic or at red lights etc.. So yes it did help with me at idle. Sometimes went into the 13s and high 12s when i stopped, now stays in the upper 13s-14s (depending how hard im bumping obviously lol)

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess this is the cause of my problems I'm having. I will be doing this to my car, thank you for this thread and bringing this to my attention. Did you have any gains at idle with your music playing?

No problem at all man! Thanks for checking it out!

The only time I noticed a gain, is when the ECU decides that the car doesn't have a load on it and doesn't need to speed the alternator up to charge at >14volts. So I'll be driving, cruising along at 14.3 volts, staying at the same speed, ECU detects no additional loads so it cuts the alternator down and voltage immediately drops to mid 13's. Flip the switch, and voila, back up in the mid 14's

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Yes you can pick the relay up at a Radio Shack or any auto parts store that carries the "Bosch Type" relays. At the moment, I don't know the voltage or the ohm readings on the wires, but I'll try to find them for you! In the mean time, or if your impatient lol, cut back the wire loom on the main harness that it goes into and trace those wires and identify them.

Thanks man! I did a real nice job twisting up the three wires and wrapping them in electrical tape so tracing em is pretty much only possible if i just rip everything out lol.

Lol, I'll see what I can dig up bro

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

if i remember correctly, the civic got changed in 2006 and has really been the same except a few eye looking changes.

so 2006-2009 uses a lot of the same electrical stuff, and i even believe the haynes manual is 2006-2009. (i havent bought it for my car yet)

so if this works for a 2006 model, then it works for a 2009 model.. just different color wires completely and possibly a new location for the ELD.

Found some info for you bro....

Yellow with silver hashes - 12v from ignition

Orange with silver hashes - 5v sensory feed to the ECU

Black - Ground

Black gets tapped with the resistor.... Orange wire gets spliced into the relay..... Yellow remains untouched.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

great, edit that into your first post that it works to 2009 civics then ;D

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Whoops, thanks for reminding me ;) lol

First post edited.

Wire colors for late 06 - 2010 models have been edited in post #4.

Everyone has been replied to so far. Woot. Go me :)

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Okay, so i metered the voltage drop today, it drops to 11.3 and the amp shut off because its drawing so much power. Its only on songs with consistent heavy bass. So I think maybe doing the big three will help. But quick question. Do you still use the stock wires but just add the new wiring onto it and bolt it overtop of the stock wiring? I read the sticky but I'm still a bit confused. Any help would be appreciated.

99' Honda Civic EXBuild LogSMD GarageHeadunit- Sony Xplod CDXGT55UIWFront/Rear amp- 500watt Sony Xplod 4/3 channelFront Speakers- x2 Rockford Fosgate PrimesRear Speakers- x2 Pioneer TS A6964R

Sub amp- American Bass vfl 80.1Subwoofers- x2 C2Audio 4ohm DVC

I left all of the stock power wires attached, and ran a separate runs over top of them. The only wires I pulled out and replaced were the ground wires. So all the ground wires = brand new 4 or 1/0 gauge. All the power wires = Stock + brand new 4 or 1/0 gauge.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

No problem at all man!

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived