A Suburban A Warhorse and a Pair of SMDeez

Ever since I got into car audio, I had it in my head, that the pinnacle of SQ was running underdash horns. I was young and naive. Regardless, over the years I would tell myself that one day I would run some underdash horns. Well, that day has come, and here is the proof. :D I stuck with an original:

I've never heard horns... been wanting to since I saw the Speakerworks GN and Acura in CA&E when I was 12.

The setup looks fantastic, and I still look forward to a demo when I'm in the area.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

So whats the new processor? Iv been looking into processors just to grasp what all they do and id rather do the research my self then clutter up ur thread. Other then that amazeing build, just re read all of it get a alarm yet?

The new processor is a Mosconi 6to8. In simple terms, the processor handles crossover duties, time alignment and equalization.

I did get an alarm. A fancy Viper alarm with a beeper remote and remote start. My brother installed it for me as a gift. I tried getting pics but he said no, then called me and idiot. :/

Good lookin burb bro

Thanks. :D

Ever since I got into car audio, I had it in my head, that the pinnacle of SQ was running underdash horns. I was young and naive. Regardless, over the years I would tell myself that one day I would run some underdash horns. Well, that day has come, and here is the proof. :D I stuck with an original:

I've never heard horns... been wanting to since I saw the Speakerworks GN and Acura in CA&E when I was 12.

The setup looks fantastic, and I still look forward to a demo when I'm in the area.

I haven't heard horns in a car either. I run horns in my home setup and will never go to anything else, it sonic bliss. :D PM when ever you're in the area. :D

On a side note June 8th I'll be competing at the Aggieland IASCA Soundoff in College Station. More info here:

http://iasca.com/event/aggieland-iasca-double-point-soundoff/

See you all there. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, time flies when you're not in jail. biggrin.png I don't know how some of you guys do it, posting day in and day out with build updates and advice. Well I'm back with a little update of my own. smile.png

I opted to replace the compression drivers with something a little more robust. Here is what I got.

01_zpsc6c56c6b.jpg

Here is a little side by side of the original driver next to it's replacement. ohmy.png

02_zps445087d2.jpg

The Dayton driver is a little more substantial but nothing like what I use in my home stereo rig. biggrin.png

03a_zps6f8ca643.jpg

One more shot, now of the business end.

04_zps3364932d.jpg

Here is a shot of all three.

05_zps3c698f13.jpg

With a larger compression driver, I had to update the rear mounting bracket. Here is the horn assembly with the new rear bracket.

06a_zps011ea9a1.jpg

Before I get into the re-installation of the horn assemblies, I opted, after hearing many suggestions, to update the mounting hardware. biggrin.png

This is what I started off with.

07_zps50995106.jpg

Here is my painting rig with homedepot's finest 97cent rattle can paint.

08_zps65390a6b.jpg

After a couple of layers and a once over with a heat gun this is what I ended up with. smile.png

09_zps4b2a0ccf.jpg

Here is the final product.

010_zps34600327.jpg

Lastly, a shot of the underside.

011_zpsc1215375.jpg

Fingers crossed, hope it sounds good. LOL!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just read this thread from page 1 and i have to say to real nice work man... Sorry about the pricks that jacked you but nice build man!

I new here just getting back into the stereo game... I ended up here from watching Steve's video's on YouTube but i'm staying here because of all the knowledge that this forum provides. Every build I look at just amazes me!

Archived