Im going to start a new build have a basic knowledge of subwoofers. But what im not sure about is how to place these subs. The way i was thinking was either facing the Subs at one other and firing the Vent through the front of the box. Option 2 is to off set the 4 subs in a v up side down the top 2 subs close together and the two on botton spread apart farther then the top 2 with a center firing port.

plz give me your thoughs guys

Equipment is going to be 4x RE Audio seX 15in

2x Boss PH5000D Phantom 5000 Watt Class D Monoblock

New Mids and Highs

2x stinger batteries

out of the bright people on this forum and 72 people that have read this not one ideal from anyone i thought this forum was the one for good advise come guys help me out here

I must not be 1 of the bright 1's on the forums, I'm trying to piece together your enclosure idea's and I'm confused as all hell. So your building a wall in and now I'm guessing a extended cab truck, but your looking to do a 4th order - in the first 1 with the vent (port) firing forward? And he second box is a down fire in an upside down V with the port firing forward or something? Your going to have to draw this out or dumb it down for me because I'm not understanding. Also I see your running 2 batteries but what other electrical upgrades are you doing?

Ok sorry about that Iv run the big three with 0/1ga wire with all high grade copper lugs on them and im going try and find a 200 amp alt later when i find one lol and

o think of a box facing you cut that in half and then split the two halfs of the box and mount the subs in between the two slit halfs for the box

and the ports face to the front of the cab

o the second box is configured like this --------------------

O O

Subs are O O = O

Port is = ---------------------

okay firstly.

boss amps. LMFAO

secondly, you really think a 200 amp alt and 2 batts is good enough for "10k watts"?

i suggest that you go back and read some build logs on here and learn a little bit more before attempting this.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

okay firstly.

boss amps. LMFAO

secondly, you really think a 200 amp alt and 2 batts is good enough for "10k watts"?

i suggest that you go back and read some build logs on here and learn a little bit more before attempting this.

X2, bro.

I may be a little confused on what your talking about with your boxes though. Sounds like the first one was either a 4th order bandpass or a ported box with the subs inverted, and the second sounded like a clamshell.

But what he said. Check out some more builds on here before you try to get in too deep. Sounds like you have great dreams that you might be able to make a reality, but it's a lot more than just buying stuff, building a box, and throwing it all in your car. Takes a lot of preparation. A LOT.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

ok the forum didnt let make a picture as you can see from the last post and now build a box and mount all 4 subs on the front of the box the top two subs mount close together and the other two mount below the top two and spread them farther apart and put the port in the middle

sorry for the confusion guys

Like this?

O O

O O

Edit: Nvm. It deleted the spaces. I don't even know why I thought that would work. Haha.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

herokight thanks for that advise lol thats why im here and after looking at some of the other builds im looking at mybe the RE Audio XTX 5000.1

and ideals for th power system are much welcomed thanks for the help all

Archived