Sundown Audio

need amp for 6 12's

rafy89

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you are correct in your reason just not in your math

i used the12volt calc for that example. dont blame me if the impedance part isnt correct

After further review of my Drunk math It seems It would theoretically work in your set up of wiring

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

lol

like kranny said, you need a HO alt. the biggest you can get. Dc power, mechman, or singer alts.

then you need some good sealed agm batteries. somewhere like 5 of them. XS power makes some great batteries.

You also need to make sure that you have a front stage that can keep up with all that bass, so invest in some good speakers

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

What kind of box did you have previously? a lot of how your subs sounds comes down to the box.

like kranny said, if you don't know the difference between dual 2 and dual 4 you probably should do a lot more research before you jump up to 5kw+

stick around here and do some more learning

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

aint nothing wrong wit dreaming big

yeah you're right, but there is in this case when one single strand of wire as thick as your hair can set your car on fire. then you're out like 10 grand cause your car will be FUBAR. you're dealing with enough electricity to literally kill you if you short a wire out.

yeah we all want to be the loudest out there, but 95% of us lack the experience and know how to do it correctly. you fall into that 95%.

if you honestly dont want to take our suggestions, then i bid the best of luck to you and your ride. because trust me, you'll need it

Well I truly appreciate everyones opinion ..... For da person dat asked Wat kind of box I had before ...I never had a box for 6 12's I'm barely getting one now my last setup was 4 15 L5's wit dat 2500 hifonics amp... Dats y i came here kranny so i can understand n listen to everyone's opinion... I still have all my 0 gauge wire ..my remote...ground n rcas ...I went to a dealer dat does all this setup but i wanted to Cum here n find out more n to b honest u guys been real helpful

any reason why you bought kicker woofers though? im curious. i mean if i were you i would seriously just sell them back and buy something good/better

edit: there's nothing wrong with what you have now, its just that there's better equipment out there.

you put all that shit in a car on stock electrical and your risking your subs/amps and your factory alt is going to take a shit on you in the middle of nowhere and you'll have to get a tow...trust and believe that's how shit works...you'll be 10 bumfucks from home when your electrical will up and have a stroke!

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Archived