The Rodeo: 4 Zv4 15s: 6th Order: 4 SAZ 3500s: Small Updates pg 39

How does it sound?

Does the roof flex much? I know you put 1/2" up there but that box is shiftin some air!

Also, more out of curiosity, you could make a port bung for the middle section to reduce the port area and see if you get any real world gains? A friend of mine just reduced his port by nearly half and gained about 5db! It didn't look good on whatever program he was using but it damn sure made a hell of a difference.

I have had a few of these jeeps. In the UK they are called Vauxhall Frontera's :)

I used to frequent planetisuzoo (an isuzu forum) and Ive seen some pretty beastly off-road frontera builds on there, cool trucks for sure!

I love the way it sounds. To the ear I am flat from the mid 20s to high 40s low 50s and it is clean and accurate (not quite the same dynamics and definition in sound that my image dynamics 8s had but thats to be expected)

Roof flex is there but minimal. This weekend I am planning on a doing a longer video after a bit of testing and show some of the funny flex. Right now at 29hz the seat backs move back and forth a good 4-6 inches

"port bung"? is that like a port plug? interesting idea for sure

i use strain reliefs like this http://www.ebay.com/...4#ht_1255wt_905 anywhere power goes through the body

may look into these, thanks

Team NorthWestSPL

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the wall looks so sexy. love how you did the amp in the false floor

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

the wall looks so sexy. love how you did the amp in the false floor

thanks, the amp in the floor is definitely my favorite part, never knew i had the skills to pull it off lol. The only annoying part is i have to pull the box back to get to adjust the amp settings...should have planned that part better haha

Team NorthWestSPL

Well, pulled everything out this weekend to do some work. Plan was to do it all in one day...took three!

No pics but i glassed all the corners in the box and resined and smoothed out the entire interior and port of the box, its so smooth!

Also turned the gains up a bit and painted the port gloss black, I think the gloss black paint added 2 dbs alone :peepwall:

Anyways, comp this sunday so hopefully ill have some new numbers to post and break that 150 sealed up score!

Team NorthWestSPL

Looks good man, I am currently building a wall of (4) LVL 4 15" m2's. Didn't see a good pic of what it looks like from the front!

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

• 1 month later...

anymore numbers>>?

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

wow, I really don't know how I missed this lol. That looks like a slammin' box man, I hope your satisfied with it. I was about to do same thing you did with your amp so you gave me some great ideas

keep up the good work man :good:

Haha woo! people read my build thread! lol thanks for the compliments guys.

I ended up having to miss that comp I was planning on going to due to studying for my finals and havent been able to get metered since. This coming weekend there is a weekend long show where everyone will be camping and the comp is on saturday. Ill be competing in that and will have new numbers by then if not before (id like to do some testing locally). But, I am pretty confident ill be able to reach my 150 sealed up goal, it is alot louder now, to the ear at least.

Crandis16, glad i could give you some ideas! Let me know if you have any questions i might be able to help with

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived