The Rodeo: 4 Zv4 15s: 6th Order: 4 SAZ 3500s: Small Updates pg 39

Well i ended up not changing too much but did enough...im finally loud!

First thing I did was change up my electrical wiring. Overkill for my single 3500 but I did enough so that I will be good enough that I can add a second 3500 later on and only need more batteries, no more wires.

100ft of audiotechnix 1/0 and some 8gauge for wiring from the subs

IMAG0094.jpg

All my wire terminals and new hydraulic crimper

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

Pulled all the old wires to reallocate so that I have all my red wire for positive and all my ground wires as black

IMAG0095.jpg

Then cleaned off the frame and drilled and tapped 4 holes in the front and 4 holes in the rear using the frame as the return path to save ground wire length.

IMAG0098.jpg

rear grounds

IMAG0101.jpg

front grounds sprayed and covered with plastidip

IMAG0097.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

Then ran 4 runs of 1/0 from front to back and 2 positive runs from the alt and 2 negative runs from the alt to the front battery terminals/connected to 2 of the runs front to back

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

mmm...wires...

IMAG0124.jpg

and a second xp3000 about to go on the charger

IMAG0123.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

a few pics of the box pulled out and the insides for those who are interested

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

I decided to try to cut out all of the threaded rod bracing, i didn't think it was really doing anything other than disrupting air flow a bit.

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

Then made a new amp cover plate that did not have the plexi holes so that I could move the sundown to the rear, closer to the batteries and then move the 4 channel under the cover plate.

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

looks great, you keeping the same box or changing it up some?

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Box looks great man. Very clean build.

Updates are looking good.

Thanks man I appreciate it, still more to come!

Also forgot to mention that I took the advise from earlier in this thread and ran all my wires that passed though the body with grommets this time, so...no more fear of car fires lol

Subs getting ready to go back into the box and car

IMAG0151.jpg

Thought this was kind of a cool shot with the shadow behind it

IMAG0152.jpg

Then back in the car the next day with some new dual inputs from project db, I was in a hurry to leave for oregon though so it looks like I forgot to take pictures after this point with the wires actually hooked up, ill try to get more up later.

IMAG0153.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

looks great, you keeping the same box or changing it up some?

Originally I planned on adding a bit to the box to reduce the volume and raise the tuning a bit. But I remeasured the box specs and ran the numbers again and decided to leave it the same.

Currently it sits right at 13.25 cubes net. with 206sq inches of port area with tuning working out to be just above 29hz. I love how flat this plays and sounds as a daily ride. When I ran the numbers I could only raise the tuning to 31hz while still maintaining 12c cubes net. This seemed like it would be more likely to be a loss of output so i decided against it.

I do however plan to start a b-pillar rebuild over the winter after this season ends.

Anyways, after all of that work I made it to the show and couldnt seem to manage more than 149.3 at 40hz...haha to be honest, his pissed me off but my alt also wasnt charging so i was bupring from battery voltage with no alternator backup so I assumed that had to be it. Then with 10 seconds left on my last run I had a "oh! duh" moment and realized I never checked to see if my peak had changed from 40hz. I quickly changed tracks and was able to find a 35hz tone in time to get one burp off, this was the result...

IMAG0166.jpg

So i finally got my 150 sealed! and I am quite certain there are at least a few more tenths waiting to be found simply by testing and finding my true peak unless it turns out my random guess of 35hz was correct.

I was pumped about this and it was enough to get me third place at my first 3x show! I also got second out of 12 competitors in 139.9 bassracing trying it for the first time. This was also cool, for those of you who have not tried it, bassracing is alot of fun I can't wait to try it again.

Team NorthWestSPL

couple pictures from the show

The back of Aaron's Tahoe, such clean work by Justin Yeo. This thing has 4 sundown 3500s on 4 crossfire 18s.

IMAG0158.jpg

Oh yeah dont forget Gary Killian's monster haha no words for this.

IMAG0159.jpg

Then my car chilin at the end of the day with Lucas Paddle's crx in the background. He broke a world record that day with a 158.3 in Advanced No Wall 1.

IMAG0167.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived