FML!!! bye bye alternator

I had a friend with a fusion, he blew two alternators with just an alpine 600.1, I think Ford is to blame. Go get a re-manufactured alternator on ebay for 90 bucks, and put it in yourself. It isn't difficult, most mildly mechanically competent people can manage it. Just loosen the tensioner, pop off the alternator bolts, and then work backwards with the new one. Oh and don't forget to note where wires are before you pull them off. Also don't over tighten the belt, just enough so that it'll move a little when you push on it with your finger.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

I had a friend with a fusion, he blew two alternators with just an alpine 600.1, I think Ford is to blame. Go get a re-manufactured alternator on ebay for 90 bucks, and put it in yourself. It isn't difficult, most mildly mechanically competent people can manage it. Just loosen the tensioner, pop off the alternator bolts, and then work backwards with the new one. Oh and don't forget to note where wires are before you pull them off. Also don't over tighten the belt, just enough so that it'll move a little when you push on it with your finger.

again someone giving information without knowing what they are talking about. It's not as easy as just loosening the tensioner and poping off the alt bolts.. do you also know you have to take apart your ac lines and drain them in order to get to the alt? Im sure you didnt or that you have to fill the car back up with fluid when you are done? Nerp didnt see you state that either.. Of the fact that the alt is in the back behind the motor? I have no clue what your friends issue was with blowing 2 alts but i do not see how ford is to blame. I have put over 3k on my STOCK alt and its still going strong. I have wailed on my stock alt in 95+ degree weather with my voltage dipping down into the 9's and guess what.. alt is still good.

to the op if you think your alt is the issue i would contact singer and see what he has to say. from what i hear he has awsome customer service. I wouldnt not drive that car until you get that issue fixed.

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Yes you are right It isn't just an easy job I have to undo the ac compressor and drain the oil blah blah blah I'll be taking it to a friend he said he'll charge 225 so it's not so bad but it's another expense. They just jam in all the shit so tightly in these new cars it makes me miss my mustang lol only seven a half more hours and I'll see how fucked I really am.

Just get a wrangler. Alternator takes 20 minutes to do with nothing but a socket set :P

im so stressed out!!! 508 dollars for a new alternator from singer, used of ebay for 130, or rebuild for anywhere form 30-200 but just 150- amps

plus 225 for installation and my old lady isn't impress i was supposed to drive here to the next city for here test on Sunday, guess we ae taking her car fml.

if i get the stock alternator fixed and add a second battery will i be safe or no i just find it hard to fork over 508 for an alternator and that it will take 4-6 weeks to get here. What would you guys do?? remember i'm tight on cash

Archived