FML!!! bye bye alternator

2010 and you don't have a dealer warranty?

it has just passed the bumper to bumper warranty i've got 63,000km on it

and so if all you guy are talking shit how i couldn't have blown it and shit like that what do you suggest just rebuild it??

You're looking at around $250 for a new stock one. I'd just get a basic one from one of the three alt companies. DC, mech, or singer. Mechman will be the quickest.

a couple of months ago i checked with mechman and they had nothing i'll email them again and dc has nothing either

in 30 minuets im either gunna be really happy or cursing like a trucker and the way this shits going i think i should put my trucking hat on !!! lmao

i'll post later and let you guys know what went down im pretty sure im not gunna get to lucky tonight if the lady has to come pick my ass up!!

--later

ok guys so here's what went down i walked to my car opened the car with my key not the key fob get in close the quickly so the dome light turns off. I put the lights to the off position and and pray to god. i put my key in and turn it and the muther facking red top cranks over the motor. ( yea i now realized i have a red top) any way i rev it up and keep the revs up high i have to turn on the light cause its fricking foggy.So i start the trip home and then the windows start to fog up since it was only 4 degrees Celsius so i have turn on the heater ok things are going good i get home turn it off and put the car into engineering mode so a can see the voltage and the frickin thing is sitting at 14.2-14.5 so like where the hell do i go now?? what is the problem guys one minuet the alternator is putting out 10volts and now its at 14.2 im scared to hook my subs back up and cause this again what should i do?? i know i have to run 1/0 power wire to the amp before i hook it back up and to also get rid of that cap but what else should i do?? will another battery solve this problem i have tons of room for one back in my trunk. Anyway i went inside my house and there was my g/f lying on my bed waiting for me lol thank god that car started. later....... lol i took the car out and it showed 14.2 volts so i drove the car at 100km for a bit to charge up the battery. so like i said where do I go from here??? thx guys you've been tons of help so far

Archived