FML!!! bye bye alternator

You can run your vehicle off the battery if you want, just bring a battery charger with you to work so you can charge it while you are at work. Just keep in mind, that your vehicle could shut off at any time if your battery becomes depleted- which could put you in an unsafe situation.

I know several SPL competitors in CRX's that have multiple 16 volt batteries in their vehicle, and do not even have an alternator on the car. They will drive sometimes several hundred miles to competitions, charging the batteries every hundred miles or so.

You can run your vehicle off the battery if you want, just bring a battery charger with you to work so you can charge it while you are at work. Just keep in mind, that your vehicle could shut off at any time if your battery becomes depleted- which could put you in an unsafe situation.

I know several SPL competitors in CRX's that have multiple 16 volt batteries in their vehicle, and do not even have an alternator on the car. They will drive sometimes several hundred miles to competitions, charging the batteries every hundred miles or so.

Ok thats good to know but I was wondering if you knew what going on with my alt cause now it's working fine again?

Do not drive a 2010 vehicle off of battery power alone. Ever. That stuff used to fly like 20 years ago, but not anymore. Your complaining about a lil over 2 hours of labor for an alt, just imagine how much it'll cost to put an ecu and entire wire harness into it.

To answer your question...

Does your alt work? If yes, then whats the problem? If no, just replace it.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Archived