Sonic Electronix

Thanks for the pics it helps me have a better idea of how it's going to happen. With you guys mentioning the weight on the door and saying its a bad idea should I just scrap the idea of doing that woofer and go with something like a powerbass 8" driver like this?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_26899_PowerBass-Xtreme-4XL-80-94.html

If so how much mid bass would these produce? Oh I should probably me tion why I wanted to run a pure woofer in the first place. I have a 5ch amp that I'm planning on using just for my door setup and the 5th Chanel(sub chanel) for the 8s. The amp is a hifonics 60 x 4 @ 4 ohms and the mono Chanel is 1000x1 @ 1ohm.

I don't know about the driver it's self, but yes, something like that would work much better

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

8's, door, Dun

IMG-20110822-00061-1.jpg

IMG-20110820-00047.jpg

Edited by kingsuv

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

well thar you go lol. that looks pretty sick.

still, i'd say do the midbass, it's cheaper and probably easier.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Doesn't add anymore then the weight of the speaker really. I used a lighted wood for the support. No vids of it, but I will say I will never own a car again that i can't put 8's up front ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)