Where do I go from here?

add up all the fuses in your amps, then buy an ANL that's bigger. For instance, I have one amp with 80A worth of fuses in it, another with 60A worth of fuses and a third processor with 25A fuse. 80+60+25 = 165A so I bought a 200A fuse (next size bigger). The main fuse is to protect against a short in the event of a crash (or bad install).

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

Second battery > distribution block?

I realize the cap isn't helping me much but I keep it for two main reasons, it shows instant voltage and it's an easy distribution point currently. Once I stabilize the voltage I will spend the time/money on actual distribution blocks and trash the cap. Thanks for the advice.

at this point the cap is literally just a power drainer. sell it for $40 and use the money to get a $20 volt meter to install in your line of sight on the dash and a $20 distro block.

In my eyes, yes. No point in using a distro block when you just run 0 gauge from front batt to rear batt and wire the amps up to the rear batt

My amps have external fuses. 100amp was included with each but I hear that's a little underrated.

The you need to look in your amplifier manual, check for max amperage draw and fuse each amp for that. Then add up your max potential draw and put your main fuse just above that number.

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

Its not really rocket science .. you have 2*100A = 200A ... then add how much your mids'n'highs amp fuse rating is, a 250 amp fuse will probably be the right one for you system

My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2)

(1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm

(1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front)

(1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear)

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

Its not really rocket science .. you have 2*100A = 200A ... then add how much your mids'n'highs amp fuse rating is, a 250 amp fuse will probably be the right one for you system

Did you or did you not read the post stating I heard the 100amp fuse was slightly underrated.

So I would need to find the max amperage draw which I have not been successful at thus far.

Optima Redtop Under Hood

Vmax CT800 Outback

Big6?(lol) 0/1 KnuKoncepts

2x 15" RF T1's in 7.7cuft @32hz

Audiopipe aqx3500.1d

Pioneer DEH-5000UB

Archived