Where do I go from here?

That's kinda what I was getting at but nobody besides yourself bothered to read it seems..... Thanks for your input. I'm going to install the 250 and keep it down until I add grounds tomorrow and get my 300's I ordered.

EDIT: says nothing about amperage draw.

AP-15001D

RMS @ 4 Ohm (<1% DISTORTION) ....................................... 600W

RMS @ 2 Ohm (<1% DISTORTION) ....................................... 950W

RMS @ 1 Ohm (<1% DISTORTION) ....................................... 1500W

Input Level ................................................................................ 0.2 ~ 5V

Frequency Response ............................................................... 8 ~ 180Hz

LPF .......................................................................................... 40 ~ 180Hz

SUBSONIC Filter ....................................................................... 5 ~ 50Hz

Bass Boost Frequency ............................................................. 30 ~ 80Hz

Bass Boost Level ..................................................................... 0 ~ 12dB

THD at 4 Ohm load 30% Rated Power .................................... <0.2%

Signal Noise Ratio .................................................................... >70dB

Best Efficiency ......................................................................... >85%

Minimum Load ......................................................................... 1 Ohm

Optional Remote ...................................................................... YES

Bridgeable with Same Amplifier ............................................... YES

Overload Protect System ......................................................... YES

Short Circuit Test (max. power) ............................................... PASS

Overheat Protect Temperature ................................................ 80 ̊C/176 ̊F

Components & PCB ................................................................. SMT & Double Side Board

Transparent Isolation Connector .............................................. YES

Optima Redtop Under Hood

Vmax CT800 Outback

Big6?(lol) 0/1 KnuKoncepts

2x 15" RF T1's in 7.7cuft @32hz

Audiopipe aqx3500.1d

Pioneer DEH-5000UB

Its not really rocket science .. you have 2*100A = 200A ... then add how much your mids'n'highs amp fuse rating is, a 250 amp fuse will probably be the right one for you system

Did you or did you not read the post stating I heard the 100amp fuse was slightly underrated.

So I would need to find the max amperage draw which I have not been successful at thus far.

Ah i see, well i didnt find any official current draw, but it seems a few people them have been using them with 100A fuses and they haven't blown.. really i would expect them to need a 150A fuse each if they where 1500w amps which are 85% efficient.. The 300A fuse will be the best for them :)

My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2)

(1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm

(1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front)

(1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear)

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

You have a 75 amp alt you aren't going to be able to run 2 ineffecient 1500w amps.

Your amperage draw will be above 200-250 amps, see how that is 125-175 amps too little, not adding in the power your car needs to run by itself.

You NEED a high output alternator.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

You have a 75 amp alt you aren't going to be able to run 2 ineffecient 1500w amps.

Your amperage draw will be above 200-250 amps, see how that is 125-175 amps too little, not adding in the power your car needs to run by itself.

You NEED a high output alternator.

While that's a great point, I need to buy the things that are readily available to me right now and save for the alternator in the next month or so. Mechman quoted me <$600 and I just can't afford that at all right now so unfortunately I will be looking for other avenues.

Optima Redtop Under Hood

Vmax CT800 Outback

Big6?(lol) 0/1 KnuKoncepts

2x 15" RF T1's in 7.7cuft @32hz

Audiopipe aqx3500.1d

Pioneer DEH-5000UB

Archived