Where do I go from here?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do realize a 1500.1 d and 3500.1d are the same thing right?... the 3500 is two 1500s strapped..

Incorrect. An ap30001d is two internally strapped ap15001d's. Also, the ap30001d is not 1 ohm stable.

The Aqx3500.1 is a much better amplifier from what I've been reading, and is much better built.

If you bothered to do the math, (ap15001d x2 = ap30001d not 3500.)

Thanks.

Optima Redtop Under Hood

Vmax CT800 Outback

Big6?(lol) 0/1 KnuKoncepts

2x 15" RF T1's in 7.7cuft @32hz

Audiopipe aqx3500.1d

Pioneer DEH-5000UB

Im not sure about the battery isolators either, but from what I understand the purpose of them is to keep your extra battery from draining your primary battery. I personally have never used one and have never had any problems but that doesnt necesarilly mean im doing it right. Personally I wouldnt buy the aqx 3500.1, at least not until your electrical is storng enough. If it were my car, ild keep just the 1 1500 on those 15s and upgrade my electrical until it stayed above 14 at full tilt with the 1500. Like I said the audiopipes seem to wanna self destruct with low voltage so just warning you before you throw a brand new amp in there and have an unplanned bbq

Im not sure about the battery isolators either, but from what I understand the purpose of them is to keep your extra battery from draining your primary battery. I personally have never used one and have never had any problems but that doesnt necesarilly mean im doing it right. Personally I wouldnt buy the aqx 3500.1, at least not until your electrical is storng enough. If it were my car, ild keep just the 1 1500 on those 15s and upgrade my electrical until it stayed above 14 at full tilt with the 1500. Like I said the audiopipes seem to wanna self destruct with low voltage so just warning you before you throw a brand new amp in there and have an unplanned bbq

Only thing is a local dealer has a great sale price on the new amp do I'm going to jump on it. I keep my voltage above 13.5 with really conservative gains as is and I don't even really turn it up very often. I'm keeping it safe before something bad happens lol. I'm aware of the consequences.

I did however notice a voltage improvement by switching out from a 100amp maxi fuse under good to a 250amp ANL fuse.

Optima Redtop Under Hood

Vmax CT800 Outback

Audiopipe aqx3500.1d

Pioneer DEH-5000UB

Audio pipes apk line is theoretically their best line. Because its the same crap as half the other great name amps.

Don't bother with isolators unless you want an alt with shortened life and possible damage to your amps. They're only for show cars that play music for hours on end with the car off. Not a daily system.

Is that fuse on your power wire to the amps?

250amp under good near battery then 100amp inline of each amplifier so far. Voltage is was noticeably more stable just upgrading the fuse.

Optima Redtop Under Hood

Vmax CT800 Outback

Audiopipe aqx3500.1d

Pioneer DEH-5000UB

Audio pipes apk line is theoretically their best line. Because its the same crap as half the other great name amps.

Don't bother with isolators unless you want an alt with shortened life and possible damage to your amps. They're only for show cars that play music for hours on end with the car off. Not a daily system.

Thanks for clearing all that up.

Optima Redtop Under Hood

Vmax CT800 Outback

Audiopipe aqx3500.1d

Pioneer DEH-5000UB

I sold a ap15001d today, profited a little on that, I took the 12's out, removed the capacitor, put the 15's in left the remaining ap15001d and wired the two 15's at 1ohm. I replaced the capacitor with a vmax charge tank. It's only the ct800 which is a little small for my setup but it's better than nothing and I'm still not really turning it up too high for now.

I replaced the 250amp under hood ANL with a 150amp ANL because I removed one amplifier.

I'll probably pick up the aqx3500.1 Saturday and just keep the gains down under I get the alternator.

Optima Redtop Under Hood

Vmax CT800 Outback

Audiopipe aqx3500.1d

Pioneer DEH-5000UB

Archived