Sonic Electronix

rear view mirror won't stay on

Hey all. I've got a 2002 Impala LS with 2 12's sealed off from the trunk into the cabin. It get's pretty loud but I don't think it's that loud to be snapping the rear view mirror mount off the windshield so often. In the last 2 weeks I've had to reglue it 4 times. The 4th time being two nights ago. Each time I've waited 1-2 days with just the metal mount being on without the mirror to let it cure.

This last time I sanded down the metal surface of the mount and waited 5 minutes after prepping both the windshield and the button. I'm going to put the mirror back on tonight and hopefully I have better results with it this time.

For those of you who have had this problem...is there any real fix? I drove around without it on for 2-3 months but having it back on for a week has been awesome because I do like to see behind me sometimes. It just feels weird not having it there.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's a rear view mirror!

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

less bass man.. less bass.

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

-Stinger Expert Roadkill..Trunk only

-(2) Skar VVX-12's D4 coils

-Dual slot ported to the left custom box tuned @ 32hz

-Audioque 1200D amplifier

A tribe called quest... ftw

^^just like dts said. I gave up on mine. I reglued my mirror on my envoys second windshield (the OEM one had a crap load of chips and scrapes in it and i wanted a new one lol) but no matter how many times or with what i glued it with it wouldnt stick. I went to advance automotive and got their heavy duty rearview mirror adhesive and it would stick for 3 days but after that one good bass drop and the whole thing would fall right off. I did that about 4 times before i took rubbing alcohol and a razor to my windshield and cleaned that nice and then took sandpaper to the button as well and then rubbing alcohol to that too. I reattached it with superglue (hahahaaa it says not to use it for that, follow the instructions, its not gonna work well) and it stuck for a week but when it broke off the 5th time it took half my windshield with it and a windshield is typically 1/4" thick. The button was still attached to the chunk of glass it took off which was the size of my thumb. I got a new windshield and i will use the mirror only when im parked at college because i have to keep the parking sticker on the mirror and visible or those bastard security cops will give you a ticket so fast. Other than that when im driving around that mirror is off and in the passenger seat.

I use my outside mirrors way more anyways and have two small spot mirrors on the outside bottom corner that works great for seeing who is up your ass. Its not illegal either to be without the inside mirror, you can legally take your back window and completely block it out or remove the inside mirror all together. As long as both your outside mirrors function you cannot get a ticket or violation for it.

edit: i really only have 1 mirror that functions when im driving anyway. The driver side mirror is loose as fawk and wobbles so badly that you cannot make out any objects in the mirror unless its in the spot mirror. The passenger side mirror works well because that one is pretty solid and doesnt wobble that much. I would just reattach the button, make sure it can hold your mirror up and when you plan to get the bass going take the mirror right down. I leave mine so the screw is completely loose so i just pull the mirror on and off the clip when its needed. I never tighten the screw for it. If you keep reattaching it and find a glue to make the button stick to the glass you will then break the glass like i did and have a chunk of glass come off with it. Windshields arent cheap, the one in my truck was over $300 but my insurance covered it and when i broke the second one from taking that chunk of glass out the glass shop i had it installed at paid for the third one.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Seen as though you cant keep it on why leave on?

Perfect excuse to wall it :P

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

I had the same problem until I had to get a whole new windsheild...

Pontiac Grand Prix GT
400a Mean Machine alt.

EIGHT DD 12''s on a DDz2
DD vo 8''s,6''s,5.25''s&tweets
Norfolk, VA
http://www.youtube.c...ser/ovnorfolkva
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSPLSpot/473815915987218/?notif_t=group_activity#!/chrishova
http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/color]

Archived