Sonic Electronix

rear view mirror won't stay on

@kickass audio This is a replacement windshield. The button that came on the windshield when we got it replaced lasted awhile! 2-3 months. Now each time I put it back on it keeps falling off within 3 days.

My dad told to call Safelite (who installed this windshield) and have them re-attach it if it falls off again because we have only had this windshield installed for 4-5 months.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

mine was the same thing too. It was installed when i had the windshield put in. i gave up on it after it cracked the glass when i reattached it and the glass company reattached it too. That mirror is pointless anyway when you have spot mirrors like i do.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I've sorta gotten used to using my side mirrors to "peek" behind me (when some jerk is riding my ass), but having the rear view mirror on makes it less of a hassle. What I'm wondering is how do people like Steve (just an example) have that loud ass bass, yet their mirrors stay on fine? It hasn't cracked the windshield yet. If it does I will be pissed because I have $80 worth of tint on my windshield <_<

First System

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

My OEM mirror and windshield stayed on just fine. It would only make the mirror fall down but not fall off with my stock windshield and mirror. When i got the second windshield it wouldnt stay on for the life of me. Breaking the second windshield was enough for me to just say fuck it and take that damn thing down when im driving around. Also ive noticed that my OEM windshield was a hell of a lot more solid at flexing than my new ones. My OEM one would barely move, my second and now third windshield moves A LOT more than the original one did.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

How long should I wait before re-attaching the mirror? I want to put it on today before I drive to the movies.

First System

It wont matter how long you wait, some bonds are stronger than other but like i said if you keep attaching it back you will be bound to break chunks of glass off like i did. Just use the mirror as needed and if you have the mirror on keep the bass down as far as possible. Any flex will break that damn thing right off. The mirror is a huge lever for that button so when the mirror moves up and down and the windshield is doing the same thing it will have so much leverage to break it free. Id just attach it and use the mirror if you really have to and if you have the mirror up, keep the bass down low other than that keep the mirror off and bass on full blast. If you have somewhat good size mirrors just get tiny spot mirrors. I can see who is up my ass every time with those except for if a person is standing directly behind my truck but i still turn my head around to look back before i back out of anywhere.

That's true. I'll take the screw out and put it up there when I know I'm not going to be having my music loud for awhile.

Thanks for y'alls help!

First System

No problem man. Id keep the screw in there just make it so its loose enough that you can slide it on and off the metal tab without catching. Id never fully remove the screw from it.

I'd say kickass has it right. I broke my mirror off and reattached it several times with the Permatex, and Loc Tite stuff. Then, the third time the mirror fell off, it took a big chunk of glass with it and that ended up cracking the whole windshield. So I cut a piece of aluminum and stuck it to the windshield with 3m grey mounting tape. I glued the button onto the aluminum with the Permatex mirror glue. That stuck really well, but the mirror shook way worse because the foam flexed more than the solid mount to the glass.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Archived