Mechman Alternators

4 SMD 340a Yellow Mechmans - WOW

How do the 340a phase 6's compare to the 370a SMD's besides the obvious 30a gain? Beefier components? More power at idle?

Idle output is very impressive on the 370s. We were able to produce a whopping 200amps at only 500 RPM!!! Most of our ratings show amperage at 800RPM...so you can expect to have more, exponentially, as you increase RPMs. The 340s are solid alternators, but we also found the need for more cruising power for our clients and thus, by altering the internal connections we were able to tweak the product to produce even more POWER!!!

~Michael

P.S. These alternators are not readily available yet, to answer the question raised earlier, but are available for sale.

email me for more details about this latest and greatest alt from Mechman!

[email protected]

This is cool to see you explain it a little more Michael, although the alternator I will be seeing is a variation with such internals as well as being externally regulated is what makes it possible. These new setups are indeed strong alternators especially at idle and RPM's under the 1800 mark. From the little I was told the stator is very well built for these applications. Like I was asking on specs as well as Hunters asking about them I think its a normal question out of curiosity as what makes it all tick.

I am sure I will be pleased with my unit as well, as Matt worked well with my ford's belt wrap limitations, all I can say is that all you chevy guys have the opportunity to run some badass alternators that kill at idle as well as the rest of the RPM range :drink40:

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg