First build log, so forgive any and all drunken weirdness... We like space cruising, and just dissapearing, with music jamming...(thanks to Chode69 for the BL push)

The build started before we were members here on the site. So it'll get fast forwarded quite a bit.... anyway, here we go...

Vehicle; 2007 Acura TSX, no navi.

First was tint, and the window vent shades....

kk001.jpg

kk008.jpg

We started with 2-12" RF P3's, on a RF T1000bdcp, sealed. Sold all of it, and then to what we have currently. 2-12" RF T1's, on a RF T2500bdcp. Enclosure is 3.5cf-ish, AD, and tuned in the upper 36's.

sub2.jpg

sub1.jpg

didnt take long to realize, we were crazy short on power, the stock denso alty did ok, but, not great.... upping the juice was a must....

001.jpg

kk014.jpg

and big thrice

002.jpg

M-Singer alty.. Hes a stud... period...

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

altandsuch039.jpg

altandsuch047.jpg

altandsuch050.jpg

Kit from CE auto - snafu - Tony C

rfgear006.jpg

it was perfect...

Tried a feable attempt at our own distro block(s), yeah, they turned out like ass, but it was fun. Still using 1 of em...

kysphone031.jpg

kysphone036.jpg

1/0 in, 1/0 out, with 2-4g's

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

kysphone032.jpg

dont laugh to much... but, it was fun, and some learning....(learned im no good at it!)

The OEM HU has the cruise, climate, dim controls, along with other junk... sooo..

k001.jpg

k002.jpg

Tearing apart the inards for a 3sixty.2 intergration....

3-11001.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

And something better than the OEM door noise...

RF T3 components

100_0336.jpg

rfgear003.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

used some 5/16ths lexan,... just because.... it worked good...i thought..

IMG_0215.jpg

6 pan heads, flush, secure the lexan to the panel...

IMG_0216.jpg

Then, the 8 fasteners around the basket, into the lexan, and into the panel.... its secure... SECOND SKIN is coming...

IMG_0217-1.jpg

with the tweets....

IMG_0185.jpg

soldered and tied... and in..

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

For the componet set, ran active,(with the 3 sixty)

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

4 - 12g runs of speaker wire, 2 pair of RF Twisted RCA cables (which were awesome) and the turn on relay kit from Tony. This car isnt any fun to work on..

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

but, back to OEM lookin...

IMG_0237.jpg

wires fed through, and wrapped with coil... door shuts, with no damage...

IMG_0305.jpg

Anyway, just got another battery from Nathan and XS, yesterday, and took friday off to get it in, and some other ideas...

xsshay.jpg

plans for different sub(s) and enclosure are already rolling...

Not much, but so far, we are more than pleased with the out come... and cant wait for more..

Thanks for looking... more to come.... like everyone else...its just never done...

appreciate any and all comments, and pointers...

Kyle and Laura

thats really clean I dig it alot. did you do all the work on your own?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

thats really clean I dig it alot. did you do all the work on your own?

Thanks man, we have put alot of work into it.... :yahoo:

The current enclosure which is approaching 2 years old, is not my design, Dustin, a bud of mine designed and built the box,..im not real thrilled with it to be honest, and i had to re-do the beauty panel. I'm not the best wood worker, pun intended, (hence the lexan use) or enclosure designer...Or machinist for that matter!!. as you can see.....lol.. but, i can get by....

That was, and is, the last time anyone else will touch the car again.

New subs/box is next, AFTER i get my power more situated. ..... and of course, when i win this SOTM .... HA!!!... joke....

100% of the rest is all me, and my helper....

IMG_0176-1.jpg

I just like it to look as close to OEM as possible, or my OCD keeps me awake at night...if i cant, then i wont do it, until i figure a way. But, for such a small system, i dont have the struggles you guys all do. Christ, It took me 2 weekends just to run what little amount of cable(s) that i have ..lol...This car is also a joke to work on...

What blows ass, is i don't have a garage, but only a carport, if you can tell in the pics?.

Also, this is my daily beater, that gets me to work every day. So, i cant take it down as far as i would like....i cant have it not run for 3 days... also, hence the high mileage. I roll 80 miles a day minimum, round trip, everyday. Slows the progress down quite a bit.....

Also, i can not take ALL the credit, I've pounded Mike S, Nathan, SNAFU (Tony C) and JON (second skin dude, he also owns a Honda) KICKASS AUDIO, Forrest the RF support guy, and others with countless, and i mean countless emails/calls......asking for help, info, and advise... and they have been super great to work with....and we wouldn't even be this far with out em..... more coming tomorrow ... :twirl:

Thanks for looking, and will take any and all constructive criticism....

Tried getting a head start after work, on tomorrow adding the XS D31hun...

emptied the trunk

emptytrunk-1.jpg

Dont flame me for my old beat up Panduit crimp tool, ......it works for me...im just more of a fan of crimping big gauge over the solder method. To each their own....

panduit.jpg

Multiple dies, held on the tool...

dies.jpg

The dies and eyelets are CC together, for some proper crimpage...

pinkonpink-1.jpg

scale.jpg

But sadly, the weather decieded against it...damn Utah,. wind and rain came outta nowhere, (and i had my battery dis-connected and out, with 2 windows down, and sunroof popped, sooooooo i ran around and made the neigbors giggle getting that taken care of) so, im done.... i put both bats back on my tender's (WTF?)

Im off tomorrow, and all weekend, so, some proper work can get done, if i dont drink to much tonight. And if the weather holds out... I hate you turds with enclosed garages... only garage i own, is on this damn site... anyway... see you in the AM tomorrow...

damn, no progress today, its almost, almost 40 degrees, and with no garage, i took a day off for nothing. I did get a bluetooth dongle ordered, so i can use my older laptop, with proper OS,and connect to my 3sixty. Trying to adjust the bands on a hand held phone is a PITA. Tomorro the forcast is better, and work will get done.......cheers...

getting something done, and just taking a break. Its still on the chilly side, but something is getting done.

I wanted the D3100 flat, and on its side. Struggled on how to keep it secure, but, came up with atleast something.....

I used a 1/2" thick peice of LEXAN, layed down on 2 peices of foam, and bought a universal bat tie down, drilled some holes for the threaded tie downs....

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

started crimping some P&G wire

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

just taking a break, and getting back on it....

Archived