DD1 on Home or Pro audio?

I was wondering if it would be ok to use the DD1 for setting the gains on home or pro audio equipment? I will be adding some amplifiers to my Onkyo A/V Receiver and I want a clean signal going to my towers and subs.

Thanks,

Edited by lapaynem4

Kenwood KDC-BT33

Sundown Audio SAE-100.4  -  4 Crescendo Audio SC-650s     

Sundown Audio SCV-6000D  @  (.5 ohm)   -   2 DC Audio LVL5 M5 Elite 15s (d2)

6.45 ft Box ( Net ) tuned to 30 Hz  -   (  APM - 2  = 151.2 db  )

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4WD

Brand X 390 Alternator - XS Power PSC30 

XS Power D3400  (front)  -  3 XS Power D3100s  (rear)

Knukoncepts Kolossus Flex 1/0  -  SMD Meters  -  SMD Fuse Holders

Sky High Copper Battery Terminals  -  Amp Lab RPMC v2 

SPL Cartel Bass Knob  -  Toolmaker Copper Amp Inputs                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

I use both the DD/CC on home units and a wide variety of other things.It worked great for me but if I DD wrong no one corrected me yet.Just follow the directions and you will be fine.The grounding is the only thing you need to be very careful of.On some models you can ground to the chasie on others you do have to use the speaker +/- terminals.Which is not recommended if the power is low enough it should be fine I won't say the power levels I've tested.Cause there is no guarantee it will not mess up the unit which is why there is instructions to protect the unit,lol.