Big mystery. Help me solve it, installers.

that is a trip?!?!??,... that cut looks fairly "clean"-ish. Like somone purposfully cut it??... You gotta find out whats up and let us know......

edit- also, im with ya, the marking on the top of the boot itself may give up the ghost. It has to be related eh?

Edited by KyLar96

Actually, maybe im lame, but, i care. I like digging into issues like this, and troubleshooting to find the culprit. Im curious to what the cause was....

The mark on the boot, has to be related, so it came from the top eh? Kinda hard to see from the pic's and not having my face stuck in there... good luck bro...

Edited by KyLar96

can you pull that grommet and see just how close tot he sheet metal on the firewall that hole is. normally id be willing to say its definitely a firewall cut. I dont really think it is because of that because you would see chafing as it rubs through. Also the place it is means that it is not possible for someone to cut it. being that you said its hoodpin or siren thats one of the first things my mind would have went to.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

the sheet metal is flared out and not sharp. there is still rubber intact all around the wire to protect it from sheet metal. the cut was made almost flush with the gromet. there is nothing at all above this gromet. suspention cant come down on top of this, it could only come from underneath and even then i dont see that being possible. i guess ill just have to wait and see if my new fix holds up.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Just for shits & giggles try running your wipers and see how everything looks cause you may have had something come loose and swing by there cutting it off.

That may be nothing but it is something you'll want to rule out as a possible cause.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

my guess is that it was cut and while driving the wire wiggled it self back inside making it appear as if it wer cut at the boot. just a thought

http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/

2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor

BIG 3

Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS

RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm)

RF T400.4

RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box)

RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2

all stinger wires

200a alternator (SINGER ALT)

RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear)

KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front)

KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK)

120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt

20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black

my guess is that it was cut and while driving the wire wiggled it self back inside making it appear as if it wer cut at the boot. just a thought

that is a good guess. but i would say that this happening twice, the first time the two wires were seperate so basically 3 times, would be pretty unlikely. i mean, to stop moving back into the boot both times to the same exact point... nah. plus the split loom was the same length as the wire. split loom was not cut.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.