Sundown Audio

4000 watts rms

rcardell

Ok. I just wondered because most amps rms is half of there max and most speakers are too. Want to know is there any amps that there max is 3 times as much as there rms?

drop the max wattage bull shit, not trying to be rude, but the majority of max ratings are put on the box to make you think you have something you really dont, and max being whatever multiple of the rms rating means nothing.

If you want triple the power to the woofers, get something that does 12,000 watts RMS at whatever ohm load.

if you want rated power to the woofers, get something that does 4,000 watts RMS at whatever ohm load

STOP THINKING MAX.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Ok. I just wondered because most amps rms is half of there max and most speakers are too. Want to know is there any amps that there max is 3 times as much as there rms?

Yeah shit on the max ratings forever, the RMS rating is the fixpoint and the rest of doing is the knowledge.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

You can feed a clean 1000rms into a type-R and they can handle it daily. day in and day out.

australia03junehl4.gifCURRENT SET UP

Factory HeadunitGladen dual splits

Audio helon 4ch amp

Audio Helon 9kwrms monoBlock

2 15" Custom built Pap subs rated at 3kwrms each

You can feed a clean 1000rms into a type-R and they can handle it daily. day in and day out.

there is 2 versions of the type r, a 500 rms one, and a 1000 rms one... these are the 500 rms one...

was the older ones, cant find the links to them, but ive seen the 1000 rms ones in person, they look alright, all i can find right now are the 500 and the 600rms ones

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

some type r's have 2.6in coil iirc and some have 2in coils.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

the ones in Australia are all the new ones. We only have 1 type.. Ive seen heaps and i mean heaps of people feed atleast 800rms to 1200rms lol

Audio helon 4ch amp

Yeah these alpines are the 500rms ones lol.

Audio helon 4ch amp

the ones in Australia are all the new ones. We only have 1 type.. Ive seen heaps and i mean heaps of people feed atleast 800rms to 1200rms lol

is that what the amps are rated at? because i can hook a 12,000 rms amp up to a sony xplode doesnt mean its truly getting 12,000 rms..

if its not clamped power, cant say for sure its honestly taking that much..

just saying..impedance rise is a bitch..

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones