recommendation for 6x9s

I have an old JBL amp on mine, and I get some pretty friendly compliments on my components. :) Those Clarions are nice too from what I've heard about them.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

Would it be a bad idea to buy a sony CDK-GT56UI and go to a stereo shop and have them install it for me? I watched a video on youtube on how to remove everything, but it seems to hard for somebody who has never taken a headunit out before. Is there a way they can mess up?

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

i really don't trust most stereo shops. and idk about sony and yeah you will most likely want to run a amp to them.

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

What's your budget for amp, speakers and a head unit? If you are replacing your by 9's in the back I would replace all the speakers from now. What sub model accord do you have? (Ie LX EX etc)

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

http://www.crutchfie...95.html?tp=5684 check out this kenwood if you can splurge about $40 more btw look around crutchfield is good but i know they can get a couple spendy prices for what you can find

yes they can mess up but it is pretty hard wires are usually colored coded so unless you have to run another power wire i think the hardest part would be taking the dash apart to put it in

btw boston acoustics probably would sound the best off a hu but it is your choice i don't want to lead the pack i honestly hate being a leader i would rather follow

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

What's your budget for amp, speakers and a head unit? If you are replacing your by 9's in the back I would replace all the speakers from now. What sub model accord do you have? (Ie LX EX etc)

2005 honda accord lx sedan. 2.4L manual transmission. replace back 6x9 in the rear dash and i have only 2 front speakers 5 1/4 i think. Budget.. 150-200 for HU + rear speakers only. going to get front speakers + amp for them next purcahse.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

still looking for 6x9's? look at some soundstream sst6.9's. They sound VERY good and arent that expensive. They sound better than kicker and rockfords i know ive heard them both. They also come with a crossover for the silk dome tweeter that gets very loud!

2005 honda accord lx sedan. 2.4L manual transmission. replace back 6x9 in the rear dash and i have only 2 front speakers 5 1/4 i think. Budget.. 150-200 for HU + rear speakers only. going to get front speakers + amp for them next purcahse.

What features do you need your HU to include? As for by 9's look for a pair of front speakers and then once you pick a brand go with their 6x9's as well. I would do a set of 6.5's up front and in the rear doors and honestly just remove the 6x9's all together. You wont lose much if anything in the way of sound and since youre running AQ you could always run their speakers as well.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

What features do you need your HU to include? As for by 9's look for a pair of front speakers and then once you pick a brand go with their 6x9's as well. I would do a set of 6.5's up front and in the rear doors and honestly just remove the 6x9's all together. You wont lose much if anything in the way of sound and since youre running AQ you could always run their speakers as well.

This is for a friends build so he doesn't have the AQ. haha just the same car but stick. the headunit must just be a decent headunit that can work with an AUX, USB,CD, FM / AM, etc. nothing major. Just the basics. And he doesnt have back speakers. only 2 6x9 in rear dash by rear windshield, and 2 5 1/4's in the front on driver and passenger door. no more speakers unless I cut a hole.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD