The box is as close I can put it towards the back. That's a really good score you got there for a single VVX-12, though I'm curious on what I can do. Though if I ever get 2 12's or 2 15's (have room for either), I'm gonna seal them off from the trunk, and have them fire forward, but at the mean time, I've been looking at Parts-Express for some midbasses, and tweeters, may order some soon.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

The box is as close I can put it towards the back. That's a really good score you got there for a single VVX-12, though I'm curious on what I can do. Though if I ever get 2 12's or 2 15's (have room for either), I'm gonna seal them off from the trunk, and have them fire forward, but at the mean time, I've been looking at Parts-Express for some midbasses, and tweeters, may order some soon.

You should really get on that with the mids and highs, it will make the world of a difference and it will complement your sub stage too. I decided that instead of doing 2 12's that I would just upgrade my 12 to a DC lvl 4... but you probably have more trunk space than me so it shouldn't be too difficult for you to do that

Yeah, definitely, cause right now, my rear stage overpowers my front stage a little, so gotta fix that. The trunk space is about 10 cubes, so I shouldn't have any trouble fitting 2 12's, or 2 15's.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Update today:

Ordered myself new midbasses, tweeters, and a few other things from Parts-Express. The other stuff is so I don't have to pay shipping, and only spend an extra $8. Hopefully they'll be here by the end of this week.

553935_491828167500774_1867261442_n.jpg

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Update for today, got my new mids, and highs in today. Though, I underestimated the tweeter size a bit, they came bigger then I excepted, so if I wanted to install them, I would either have to fiberglass my a-pillars which is unknown territory for me, or hole saw the hell outta my dashboard, even I'm never selling my car, I still love my car, so I'm gonna return the tweeters, and get the Morel MDT 12 instead since they are smaller, so I can install them into my dashboard, and save the headache.

I did hook the tweeters up to my home amp to see how they sound if you guys are curious, and they sound amazing. They have a smooth non harsh sound to them, but yet they have a nice crisp sound to them, so I'd still recommend them for a home audio project, or if you don't mind glassing the a-pillars.

457265_493411420675782_1613009693_o.jpg

Comparison to my crappy oem speaker

336064_493411517342439_244648749_o.jpg

334854_493411590675765_2045074961_o.jpg

One of them installed into my driver door

323230_493411647342426_514069168_o.jpg

After installing them, I must say, they have a nice good sound to them, very neutral, but also has some good lower highs as well, and for being an 8 ohm speaker, they are very efficient, my oem speaker is 4 ohms, and the Focals are louder then them.

Of course this is all on deck power with the high pass set to 60hz, I just did a direct replacement.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Small Update:

After some thinking, whenever I played songs that were in the 30's, I used to notice that my sub would slope down, and not perform well there nor have that hard hitting feeling in general, and I was wondering why since my box is tuned to 34 hz, and the sub has an fs of 24hz, so it shouldn't have trouble with the 30s in theory, and I came to realize that I was using 16 gauge speaker wire, and use the wire to wire the voice coils in parallel, so all this time after reading a gauge chart, I wasn't giving my sub the full potential it should be getting by having high resistance on my mono amp.

So I decided to order some Audio-Technix 8 gauge OFC power wire (5ft red, 5ft black), some 8 gauge ring terminals, and I'm gonna stop by Lowes to get some Brass bolts. So basically, with all that added together, I should have much less resistance than before.

Oh yeah, also got a job, so my ideas are getting bigger since I got a bigger budget coming :D

And, I'll be ordering the Morel MDT 12's soon after parts-express refunds me for the Dayton tweeters I returned, since I'm tired of my rear stage filling the highs :/

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Small update for today:

I ordered some new tweeters, but instead of the Morel MDT 12's, I instead ordered a pair of Tang Band 25-302SH since they are more effcient (91db > 89db), cheaper, same power handling, neo magnet, and still have very good reviews about them. Been thinking of taking off my a-pillars, hole sawing them, and putting the tweeters there instead of inside the dashboard since I've read, and heard they sound a lot better there.

The 8 gauge wire I ordered from Audio-Technix should be here tomorrow, so I can tell a small review, and replace my sub's current wire.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

PICSSSSSS lol, how do those focals sound? I'm half temped to get rid of my polk audios and substitute them for some focal midbass, well midbass for the rear anyway.

What are these bigger ideas that you are coming up with? Same thing happened to me. I had a bad job and a small build log, then I got a real job and expanded my budget and sold my old system

Well, I would post pics if I had any, all I have is this for the meantime.

548348_499712403379017_1406418504_n.jpg

For $9, these Focals sound really good, better sounding then the speakers I come across at Best Buy or the Pawn Shop nearby, I was extremely surprised, has a nice clear neutral sound, and they are very efficient, I'm only running headunit to them for the meantime, and it dramatically improved my front stage, it's on the same level as my rear stage, but after I get those tweeters in, that should change since it's only midbasses up front now, OEM tweeters are dead.

I have a video of just them playing, and a little distance test, I should upload it right now.

Though idea wise:

- I wanna get some sound deadening of course for my trunk, since it has a nasty rattle, and I get exhaust rattle :/, and also deaden my doors for improved clarity of my mids and highs, been looking at SecondSkin

- Upgrade my electrical by doing the big 3, and getting an XS Power battery up front, maybe another in the trunk

- Upgrade my amp with either a T1500.1, SAZ-1500D, or a Sk1500.1, and get a matching 4 channel (I like the looks of matching amps)

- Replace my focals with a better woofer, and put the focal on the rear doors, and disconnect my 8' stock coxials on my rear deck

- Make a nice amp rack, with a nice cover.

- Replace my CVR with 2 Skar VVX-12's, which I have a box plan for already, and face them forward, sealed off completely from the trunk, which I'm thinking of doing by making a flush mount baffle the same shape as the trunk, using the "Great Stuff", shave off the excessive, and finish off the sealing with sound deadening, and then wrap with either vinyl or black carpet

Here's the box plan so far

603562_499718490045075_432086245_n.jpg

These ideas aren't set in stone, but it's what I've been coming up with so far. I'm gonna think it through as I go with the build.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived