Second Skin Audio

I just noticed my previous statement was off, so il make it simpler. Say you have a 1000 watt d2 sub and you are looking to power it. You would either look for an amp that can do 1000 watts at 1 ohm, or and amp that can do 1000 watts at 4 ohms (generally those are more expensive)

Hope that makes sense.

I just noticed my previous statement was off, so il make it simpler. Say you have a 1000 watt d2 sub and you are looking to power it. You would either look for an amp that can do 1000 watts at 1 ohm, or and amp that can do 1000 watts at 4 ohms (generally those are more expensive)

Hope that makes sense.

o ok i think i get it now, so the 1000w amp at 4ohms would put out more power with subs wired to 2 ohms than the 1000w 1ohm amp would to the sub? and so would it be better for me to get a 4ohm amp with 4 D4 subs and wire them to 2ohm then? or get 4 D2 subs and wire them to 1ohm on a 1ohm amp

There is no difference between series and parrallel, or d4 and d2. It's only there to let you adjust the type of amp you can run to the subs.

Actually yes there is.

i understand there is differences between them all, but i think for his sake it doesnt matter as much. besides being able to keep up the electrical by running smaller ohm loads, and the thermal rise as the ohm load drops.

ok i guess to help you guys get what i am going to do and maybe help you guys out a little bit more to help me out i will tell you exactly what im going to do. as of now i am going to get a skar audio vvx-15 and the skar audio sk800.1 stable to 1ohm so would it be better overall for me to buy the D2 or D4?

There is no difference between series and parrallel, or d4 and d2. It's only there to let you adjust the type of amp you can run to the subs.

Actually yes there is.

i understand there is differences between them all, but i think for his sake it doesnt matter as much. besides being able to keep up the electrical by running smaller ohm loads, and the thermal rise as the ohm load drops.

i just want to be able to run my 15 and 800w on stock electrical for the time being and not worry about blowing my sub or frying my amp or doing any damage to my system or my car but i also want to be able to get the most out of what i am going to get too.

in that case you will want the d2 coils for ur sub.

they say the skars are underrated, so if you do put the whole 800 watts to the 600 watt sub be carefull its not a dirty signal, or else its bye bye sub.

how do i figure out if its a dirty signal? and when i buy 4 for my big build should i buy the D4s?