Second Skin Audio

There is no difference between series and parrallel, or d4 and d2. It's only there to let you adjust the type of amp you can run to the subs.

Actually yes there is.

so what is the difference?

Sub will run cooler and more efficient when wired in parallel as opposed to series with both having the same final impedance.

Edited by OBI

only way to find out is to set ur gains with a dd1. when you do the bigger build that all depends on the amp youre gona get.

ok i dont know what im going to have as far as a amp goes yet lol but when the time comes to do the big build i will have everything i need to have it done properly or at least i think i know what i will need lol

There is no difference between series and parrallel, or d4 and d2. It's only there to let you adjust the type of amp you can run to the subs.

Actually yes there is.

so what is the difference?

Sub will run cooler and more efficient when wired in parallel as opposed to series with both having the same final impedance.

so essentially it would be better to run your subs parallel than it would in series and the outcome would be better as far as power goes and it would run more efficient and cooler like you already said lol?

if your only running one 15 and its a dual 2, you can either wire it to stay at 2 ohm or take it to 1 ohm. but if you do multiple subs, youll normally buy a dual 4

No dude, if you're only running a single d2 woofer you can only bring it down to 1 ohm in parrallel, or higher it to 4 ohms in series. You can't leave it at 2 ohms.

You can run an amp to each voicecoil or run the sub off a 2 channel amp and the load will be 2ohms

if your only running one 15 and its a dual 2, you can either wire it to stay at 2 ohm or take it to 1 ohm. but if you do multiple subs, youll normally buy a dual 4

No dude, if you're only running a single d2 woofer you can only bring it down to 1 ohm in parrallel, or higher it to 4 ohms in series. You can't leave it at 2 ohms.

You can run an amp to each voicecoil or run the sub off a 2 channel amp and the load will be 2ohms

That's not a good I dea either, because if you do run an amp to each coil that means you would have to gain match the amps with the cc1. Which I assume the op doesn't have. It would work though.

On the other hand, running each coil on a 2ch amp wont be good either, because you are sending a stereo signal to each coil and the output won't be the same.

Edited by One Way

Don't worry!

It's easy to set your gain by ears.

I know no one doing it with DMM or DD1 or oscilloscope, locally. My installer is in this business for many years and he never burnt a sub or an amp. Me too !

Good luck

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

If youre buying one sub now, get the voice coil configuration that will let you to drop to 1 ohm or whatever once you get all 4 woofers. You can't mix d2 and d4's so choose correctly.

so are you saying that it would be better to get the D2 for now and wire it to 1ohm than when i get the 4 get the D4 for the bigger setup? if this is what you are saying than i had thought the same thing i just wanted to make sure, also i wanted to know the difference between the 2 and 4. and which ones are better for the set up i want and why they are better. i want to learn as much as i possibly can and you guys have already taught me some much already in the short time ive been here so thanks for everything guys