Trippi's Hummer the Final Chapter (Eye Candy on page 36 & 52)

This is for Kyle Golden, his "female" and everyone else that has talked shit saying I butchered/hacked Trippis hummer and did nothing on it. When original set out, I was to re-do the wall and make a 4th order for 8 18's. A quick and simple build to get him going for the rest of the season and I would receive it back after SEMA for a full re-do. Arrived May 1 2012. I was in the midst of finishing up another build so didn't get started on it in full effect right away, but started tearing it apart. Amongst the tear down I noticed several things that was huge issues, mainly with the electrical system. So we opted out of the quick rebuild and just moved into the phase of a complete re-build. Once it was fully removed, all the old install stuff from day 1 of its existence I began doing my thing. Coming up with what all I could fit in there and how to do it etc. In the beginning, trippi wanted suicide doors done and I did not feel comfortable doing them myself so the hummer was packed up and shipped to a shop. After the shop looked and tried figuring out the decided they didn't want to do it, too much liability. That took 3.5 weeks and I went to pick it up the following weekend. So a month total. After receiving it back I began my work (this would be around middle to end of June). I started making my wall for the 12 cross fire 18s. Planning out the amp placement of the 6 crossfire 8ks, 4 soundigital 16ks, and various other amps. The wall was completely cut out, every piece and all the aluminum for the cage, the side speaker wall, etc and I was ready to weld it all together when I got the call to remove everything. The hummer was re-sent out for suicide hinges on beginning of August. It would not return to me for around 6 months (late December), so now the hummer as been gone for a total of 7 months from the time I got it, which would be 8 months ago. Now, when I got the hummer back is when the whole game got changed on the hummer.... See attached pics below for the condition I received it back. I BEGGED trippi several times to come down and look at it. Per requested, I didn't say anything to much about the problems with it. The complete C-pillar has been cut, so structurally week. The Rear hinges was mounted in the wrong location, so when the door was opened the back of the door would hit the rear quarter panel. Instead of putting it in the correct location, the installer cut the back of the door off to get the clearance needed. The driver's door overlapped the rear door about a 1/4" off. Literally all of the doors was mounted crooked and angled outwards and you could see clear daylight at the top, awesome for leaking water inside. The automatic hinges was horrible executed, the "trim work" was nowhere near close, and the Doors would sag 3" with the weight of the speakers in it... in a nut-shell. The hummer was ruined and should be titled as a Total loss. (meaning its totaled). I began to work on it, and try and restore things. First thing I did was cut the hinges on the front doors and twisted so they was not out of align anymore and actually sealed against the gasket and no longer leaked water. Towards the middle of July Trippi had a crew come down and re-do all the door panels. I opened my shop up and let them work out of it which really limited me to what I could get done to not be in their way.... I still got as much work done as possible. They was down here for a week-week and half. We are now approaching the end of January 2013. They was to return in a couple of weeks to finish up. I set back on working on the hinges trying to get things figured out on them. I started working on the drivers front, cleaning up, making panels to cover up, and trying to return the hummer to a show quality finish. I moved to the b-pillar, then moved to the rear hinge which is where we ran into the next biggest problem. We figured out where the hinge was "weak" at and going back and forth figuring out a solution with the hinge company, they came up with an idea and made us a new hinge. This hinge ended up taking 3 weeks to receive. I kept working though... working on deleting the gas tank cap, lights, body lines, etc. Basically a month later I receive the new hinges, installed and same problem. The door sagged, I began to come up with my own solution. The problem is, when the hinge was installed it was not allowed for the sag from weight which I had advised the installer of. So I began modifying the hinge to compensate for the sag. This took several weeks of working, tweaking, testing, repeating etc. I finally stumbled on and got them set and tacked. I applied the new door panels, and weight and tested them out. The door closed... Put the rubber gaskets around the door seal. The door wouldn't close. The door panel was made a little bit too wide and needed to be trimmed down a little. The Fiberglass crew was advised, and was going to fix it when they finished up. Now I am at a stopping point on the rear hinges as I could not finish up and make permanent until the doors was completely done in case something got thrown off. So now we are around the end of February. I move on to the next phase. Which would be cutting the hole in the floor, bracing the roof/roof amp rack, 52 batteries mounted underneath, painting baskets, wiring, buss bars etc This occupied my time until the beginning of April. Next I started building a temporary wall to do some testing because I lost ALOT of space from trippi switching up sub amps. Between waiting for the soft parts for the subs, reconing them, building the shell, and few various other things it brought us into May. Turned out, 3 of the sub motors had a problem and had to be sent back. We was informed that it would be a while till they was back in stock and we would receive the subs back. This is when Trippi decided to have it hauled to New York to get the fiberglass stuff finished up, and I have not seen the hummer back since. It was supposed to be gone to New York for 5 days, and I would pick it up the following weekend. Well that did not happen, I know the hummer sat out in the weather in New York, and rust formed. So for the 25 months that the hummer has been gone from trippi, I did not have in my hands for 19 of them. That is what I did in the 6 months that I could. I was never allowed to finish anything in it other than the battery racks underneath, Literally.

Mods- you can close this thread if you want. Anyone have any questions feel free to PM me.

Damn man, thats tragic!!! Money and time wasted!!! Nothing against you, but whoever took the initial job of doing the suicide doors did it for the money rather then being honest which sounds like it fucked everything off!!! This was surely a bad ass build and a VERY HIGHLY ANTCIPATED One AND Obviously with this type of build and everything involved, Trippi has long bread... But regardless, thats money lost!! Hopefully he understands the situation and there's no bad blood for you trying to fix other people mistakes!!! Maybe he can file a claim against that janky ass shop that initially did the hinges and get some of his investment back!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Archived