Second Skin Audio

Tuning below sub frequency?

Honestly ignore what the manufacturer says that the frequency response is. Just tune to your personal preference. That said I probably wouldn't tune any lower than 30Hz and have a subsonic filter set right at that point. Pioneers don't have much xmax and you don't want to unload the subs trying to play lows.

Honestly ignore what the manufacturer says that the frequency response is. Just tune to your personal preference. That said I probably wouldn't tune any lower than 30Hz and have a subsonic filter set right at that point. Pioneers don't have much xmax and you don't want to unload the subs trying to play lows.

that makes sense, thanks, i have another small question, is porting with pvc pipe a bad idea? will it make some port noise or can I fix that by sanding the ends, thanks again

i have the same subs for 50 each i tuned them to 29 love smellin the vc cook

Current Setup: , 2 Fi sp4 18s in a big ass flat wall tuned to 23hz, Pioneer 80prs, 2 Digital Designs m3bs strapped @ 2 ohms, Banda ICE2000, Crescendo 800.4, 4 PRV 10MR1000s,4 Mclaren MLT300 Super Tweeters Kinetik 2000 XS Power 2700 & XS Power 3100s.

My enclosure works great with PVC ports ... and VERY low tuning (22 htz)

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

From my understanding the xmax of the sub is irrelevent to being able to play lows if your tuned low the sub will move less the closer you play to tuning, if your tuned to 22hz then you should be able to play 22hz no problem, now if you want to tune to 36hz and still play very low into the 20s then youd need a sub with a higher xmax and stiffer suspension so you wont unload the suspension or possibly bottom out the coil, I wouldnt try to get very low with.those subs as the power handeling and motor force isnt there. Maybe someone with.more experience will chime in and clear things up a bit.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

From my understanding the xmax of the sub is irrelevent to being able to play lows if your tuned low the sub will move less the closer you play to tuning, if your tuned to 22hz then you should be able to play 22hz no problem, now if you want to tune to 36hz and still play very low into the 20s then youd need a sub with a higher xmax and stiffer suspension so you wont unload the suspension or possibly bottom out the coil, I wouldnt try to get very low with.those subs as the power handeling and motor force isnt there. Maybe someone with.more experience will chime in and clear things up a bit.

sounds pretty clear to me lol

helped me out anyways

Edited by Robby Holmes

'08 Chevy Cobalt coupe 2.2 base model trunk build:

2 9512iSC flatwound alum 1.5 coils

-extra 9500 spider pack

-8" platinum carbon dustcaps

1 DD Z1 (.375ohm nominally daily)

3g31 AGM

320a Ohio Gen alt

1 DD S4 4 channel

4 VO-M8v1's (holes cut for 3rd pair)

2 CS 6.5's

2 VO-B1's

Sony XAV-601BT

all Knu Krystal RCA's

Cadence 7band EQ

148.3db @ 32hz (burp)

148.4 @ 37 & 38hz (burp)

146.xdb 90sec average (center windshield)