Mechman Alternators

What a Mechman 220 amp Focus alt looks like! New Pics Installed!

Sorry if I missed it but exactly how much power are you running on that mechman?

Also, are those sa's?

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Sorry if I missed it but exactly how much power are you running on that mechman?

Also, are those sa's?

The 12's are SA's dual 2 ohms, so each amp is seeing a .5 ohm load. After impedence rise the amps are putting out 3400 or so watts, with the addition of the 100.4 I'm going to say a solid 7K watts is what the alt is supporting. However, you have to remember that I have 3 D3100's and a D3400 under the hood.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

not sure on the numbers right now but there is someone on this forum i beleive his name is thumper but he has a zx3 that is up there in spl

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

the alts on the first gen focus are a bit of a pain. not a whole lot of room to work with.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I'm confident that it's the loudest unwalled ZX3 on the planet.

Yes...challenge accepted. Hopefully my recones will be together this by this weekend, and we can get my zx3 bumpin. I've got two 18" Fi BTLs on 4 AQ2200's. So, we might can compete...lol

mivtCK.png

T-MONEY here on the forum also had a Irragi in a zx-3. His just went out a couple of weeks ago. He had nothing but problems with it her in the last 6 months. He ordered a mechman on last tuesday and it was shipped to him and installed on Friday. He is more than happy with the product and the excellent service @ Mechman.

Keep up the good work Mechman!

Curious, what do those Cuz point up on numebers with the SD's?

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

I'm confident that it's the loudest unwalled ZX3 on the planet.

Yes...challenge accepted. Hopefully my recones will be together this by this weekend, and we can get my zx3 bumpin. I've got two 18" Fi BTLs on 4 AQ2200's. So, we might can compete...lol

That should be loud, but 18's are too big to put up great numbers in the car with the entire install in the hatch. There is just no way at all to get an optimum enclosure to fit without blocking off airflow which significantly reduces spl. I've been working on spl in my ZX3 for 5 years now and have tried every type of box and sub configuration that would fit in the hatch, and the best I've come up with so far is the 4 12" setup that I have now.

If you're looking for numbers only and not a daily setup you'd be better off running just one of those 18's and strapping all 4 amps to it. I've personally done a 152.6 on the dash sealed with a single 15" and 3800 watts clamped.

I welcome all to challenge what I've said here, and believe me it's not going to be easy. I will gladly bow down to the ZX3 owner that puts up a louder score than a 155.7 on the dash with the car sealed, and the entire install in the hatch of the car. If you've got an install that goes beyond the hatch then we're not talking the same thing here. By limiting the enclosure to the very small defined space that's available in this car it makes louder numbers than what I've already done very very hard. I have done my research across the forums and searched for other loud ZX3's and the closest that I've seen is high 152's. I wouldn't make such a bold statement if I didn't believe it to be true.

Sorry for the off-topic curveball here.

If there is really interest in this becoming a topic on it's own as kind of a challenge to all ZX3 owners with the loudest sealed hatch install then a thread can be made to further discuss the details.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

not sure on the numbers right now but there is someone on this forum i beleive his name is thumper but he has a zx3 that is up there in spl

I believe that your refering to Tim, from Sac Town. We've actually talked some and I've actually given him advice. He was in a video that Meade made using his distortion detector to tune his Soundstream 10K. He was running a single 18 at the time and iirc he was right around the mid 150-151 mark.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck